Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Calibrating a Hygrometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I posted a little about this issue before in an other thread about seed storage. But hygrometers may also be used in fermentation (and other) process. So it may be useful to put it here. I think, there's no need to say anything, the video below is explaining everything about hygrometer calibration.

Last edited:

istanbulin

Founding Member
I calibrated hygrometers several times in the past both with salt method and with special professional kits.
For testing a cheap (< $5) analog hygrometer, I bought one today and tasted its accuracy with the salt test. Here's the result. It's showing 75% RH, accurate, really good according to its price.

hgy.JPG

Last edited:

istanbulin

Founding Member
You're welcome. Btw, sorry for the photo. I never know that taking a photo of an item which is located in a plastic bag is thus much difficult.

rainmax

Founding Member

In your place I would buy at least three of them. You gonna need them.
I have high humidity in my basement sometimes at my porch also in my mini fermentation chamber and I Change them regular. In last 15 years I throw away at least 5 of them but probably more. Three digital and two analog I remember. Most of the time I have problems with rust with analog and display mold with digital. I usually spent about 25 euros for piece and I feel very sorry when I loose one.

This is a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.