Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic 2 stuffer breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

The spoon on my stuffer folded up. Its 3 or so hard years old and the wife has been usein it. As far as I know you cant get parts for them. I took it apart to see if the top amatic spoon mite work. Not to hard to work on. lots of asst. screws a few bushins a spring and beirin. The spoon is at the vevy bottom. The topamatic spoon was not a match. Tryed a few things that didnt work. Ended up takein the spoon off the arm and just changein out the spoon its self. Its about 1' and ahalf short even aftermovin it down the arm shaft as far as I could. Super glue and clamped it on. Other than the spoon the in side looked good. Its a well built stuffer and if I cant get a spoon Ill get a nutther one SOON. Powermatic 2 019.JPGThe spoon was tite in the chamber but it worked. stuffed a few but wanted the glue to set a while before stuffin a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
The spoon on my stuffer folded up. Its 3 or so hard years old and the wife has been usein it. As far as I know you cant get parts for them. I took it apart to see if the top amatic spoon mite work. Not to hard to work on. lots of asst. screws a few bushins a spring and beirin. The spoon is at the vevy bottom. The topamatic spoon was not a match. Tryed a few things that didnt work. Ended up takein the spoon off the arm and just changein out the spoon its self. Its about 1' and ahalf short even aftermovin it down the arm shaft as far as I could. Super glue and clamped it on. Other than the spoon the in side looked good. Its a well built stuffer and if I cant get a spoon Ill get a nutther one SOON. The spoon was tite in the chamber but it worked. stuffed a few but wanted the glue to set a while before stuffin a lot.
Thanks Chicken. Good review. I don't use mine as much as you do but knowing a possible failure mode is very helpful. I will start my own search for parts. I PM'd Don for Powermatic contact info If I have any luck I'll let you know.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You can re-post pictures of the other stuff. I was only able to save the edited picture with your credit card removed.

Remind me not to try that again.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Think ya might have your rednecks mixed up a tad!

i lol'd.

but dude, youve been running that thing for 3 years,,,,,how many thousands, if not hundred thousand's? of cigg's have you made with that thing,

it proablly broke so it could take a break,,,

Boboro

Other than the spoon breakin and it bein very dusty and packed with tobacca The inside looked very good. I stuffed a half carton last nite and the rigged spoon did a good job. Ill go on and order a replacement part. And thinkin on gettin a nutter machine just for a standby.

Boboro

That wasnt a creitcard its one of them frig. magnets that looks like one I use it to push around tobacco fines.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i agree,

a good cleaning with some compressed air, will do it wonders,

and the shredder, needs a good air cleaning, at the end of each season. last cleaning of mine, threw some '' brown'' dust everywhere, when i first hit the button,

i havent had no issues with my stuffer, as long as the shred isnt too fine,

Boboro

I put stuff in mine that I probly shoudnt. And never cleaned it out till the spoon broke. Ill give it a hard run today and see if my rigged spoon holds up. The PM2s. spoon is a thin spring steel and once bent dont straiten out very well with out breakin but dont bend easy. The Topamatic spoon is a softer steel that bends easyer but can be bent back. It may not hold up. Ill get the right part for it but I dont look forward to takein it back apart. So I may get a new one and fix it next winter.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
yeah i bet if you bent it, it pretty much throws the whole machine out of whack,

BarG

Founding Member
and the shredder, needs a good air cleaning, at the end of each season. last cleaning of mine, threw some '' brown'' dust everywhere, when i first hit the button,

i havent had no issues with my stuffer, as long as the shred isnt too fine,

On the shredder, believe it or not you can help control the size and length of the shred by controling the case of leaves being shredded. A high case seems to produce a fuller longer shred while a low case produces a shorter finer shred.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
On the shredder, believe it or not you can help control the size and length of the shred by controling the case of leaves being shredded. A high case seems to produce a fuller longer shred while a low case produces a shorter finer shred.

yep; i learned that the hard way,,,,

i ruined a lot of turkish '' dry '' bacca that way.

i give it to my pipe smokin buddy

Boboro

I made 2 cartons with it. the spoon is to big and it puts a strain on the motor and trips the jam swicth if its packed a liitle to much.

Boboro

The wife talked to the ppl. at Zico today and I have 3 spoons comein my way $5.oo each. Got a couple extra in case somebody needs one. They a tuff machine but you can break it. If you take it apart you need to pay close att. to what screws go where. take pics. as you take it apart if possable.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
The wife talked to the ppl. at Zico today and I have 3 spoons comein my way $5.oo each. Got a couple extra in case somebody needs one. They a tuff machine but you can break it. If you take it apart you need to pay close att. to what screws go where. take pics. as you take it apart if possable.
Thanks Bob. I'll try and remember that for when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.