Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

these local farmer's are killing me,!!!!!!but the money's good,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i started this job. of DELIVERING FERTILIZER, at the end of last year,,,,

NOW. at the beginning of '' planting'' season, im loaded and riding by 5 a.m. and get home about 9 p.m. 6 days a week,

im not accustomed to these kind of hour's... but im hanging in there, and thankfully havent got any speeding ticket's.

i havent even had a spare moment, to do the '' testing of the bacca for FM 's experiment''

tommorow, im gonna get on that<

gardening,,, the front yards flowers, the young bacca plants,, e.t.c.

needless to say im being run ragged right now, but the money is good, but im missing a lot of new post's, and not responding,

but spreading the word of this site every chance i get<<

so if you dont see me online ,,, chatting like i normally do, is because, im doing my small part , to feed america, and the world,

soybean,cotton,watermelon,tomatoe,citrus,peanut,,hay fields,,, silege fields, [ cow feed ]

none of this grows too good, without a visit from me <

but damn, MR. FARMER. your running me ragged,:cool:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
when they see me show up with this trailer, it's time to GO TO WORK,

>SAM_2944.jpg

thats my trailer in the background of my garden

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I think your garden got a little, BIGGER, BADDER and BETTER, since last year. :cool:

yes it did....we are definatlly going to have a crop this year, and the garden, is growing good, new thing for this year is ASPARAGUS, never grew it before,

You got any leftovers in that trailor.

you see that black tarp beside the trailer,? i got about a ton, of assorted mixes, in my area if you know me, . i'll hook you up.

Boboro

Ive spent over $100 on fert. for the yard and garden this year.The stuff has just got outrageously expensive.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Ive spent over $100 on fert. for the yard and garden this year.The stuff has just got outrageously expensive.

thats what i reaally like about this job, is this,

what you bought is '' what they choose to sell'' fertilizer is a hard thing to find in stores. these days, they just dont sell a 10-10-10. blend anymore, go in lowes and look for it,

what i have, is pure blend, of fertilizer, and all trace elements, under that tarp.

so depending on what your growing, is what i mix, '' FOR THOSE FORTUNATE TO BE LIVING CLOSE TO ME ''.

i talked to a farmer yesterday, and was trying to explain to him that thier was a '' hidden market'' for selling whole leaf tobaccoo. and how the laws was set-up about selling it,

he didnt seem too intrested,

this year im gonna do a '' big '' experiment and see how the local market is around here, for buying my whole leaf.

> only a little of course< '' more'' later if this experiment goes well.

BarG

Founding Member
What type of potasium is in your fertilizer? I called every distributer in a hundred mile radius and the fertilizer plants and co-ops trying to find a mix good for tobacco. You have to buy by the ton to get a special mix. I'll have to stick to my horse poop. Your a long haul from here chicken!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Ah! Asparagus. I planted a bed of asparagus crowns, and watched them grow for two seasons, without cutting any. This spring--season three, for the first time, I've begun to cut some. The multi-year wait allows the roots to mature without stunting. Since there is zero delay between cutting and eating, my home-grown asparagus is sweeter and tastier than the store-bought asparagus. But like planting a fruit tree, you have to be patient.

Since asparagus roots grow deep, and onion roots grow shallow, I use the space between the asparagus crowns to plant waves of spring onions for salad. That seems to work well.

Bob

Matty

Asparagus is real easy once it's started. I remember when I was a kid, my mom grew lots. Two rows, a foot wide and 20' long, each. When I eventually warmed up to eating the stuff, I'd snack on it fresh picked and raw. Someone once told me I could get sick eating raw asparagus but I never did.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
A sure sign spring has arrived- the smell of asparagus pee wafts through the air!
An interesting note: Studies have shown that the majority of people that consume asparugus have really stinky pee. However; when quizzed the vast majority of people say their pee does not stink after eating it.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
so i got to wait 3 years before i can pick this stuff,?

what is it like '' ginger root'' it takes 3 years to get '' good'' ?

or can i pick it this year when it grow's?

leave it to me to pick a difficult veggie, for a new '' tryer''

im also gonna do some SWEET-POTATOE'', never grew them either,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
A sure sign spring has arrived- the smell of asparagus pee wafts through the air!
An interesting note: Studies have shown that the majority of people that consume asparugus have really stinky pee. However; when quizzed the vast majority of people say their pee does not stink after eating it.
But is really does turn green.

DonH

so i got to wait 3 years before i can pick this stuff,?

what is it like '' ginger root'' it takes 3 years to get '' good'' ?

or can i pick it this year when it grow's?

leave it to me to pick a difficult veggie, for a new '' tryer''

im also gonna do some SWEET-POTATOE'', never grew them either,

you can pick a few the second year but it's best if you wait. And don't pick any the first year. Don't worry, once it gets going you'll be sick of it.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
you can pick a few the second year but it's best if you wait. And don't pick any the first year. Don't worry, once it gets going you'll be sick of it.
Very true. I love the stuff and never thought I'd get tired of it. WRONG! In the spring got so I couldn't look at it. Then one year the deer cleaned me out and now I miss it. Late in the year when it gets tall it is a really pretty plant too.

BarG

Founding Member
Are you supposed to keep it mulched to prevent grasses from invading around plants year round. I have always wanted to start some but figured I might not keep up maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.