Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from the UK hope your all good

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhouse

Hi folks

Hope I am in the right place here, I would just like to say a big hello from the UK to all you Tobacco growers out there, I suppose I alt to do a little run down about me and what I am interested in.
Ok I have been growing Tobacco in the UK for many years now as I could not except the over inflated prices our government like to charge, that was the start of it and then I came to thinking do I need to be putting the hundreds of extra additives inside me, which pushed me deeper into growing my own and then a couple of years ago I got into forums and talking to others just like me although over here in the UK we don’t have or didn’t have anything like the amounts of Tobacco strains you have in the USA, that’s not to mention Canada/ Asia and Europe.
So I got to thinking could I get a small group of people together and work on maintaining a pure strain seed bank for the UK, well I am delighted to say that it is working, me and some close friends maintain over 40 varieties of Tobacco at this moment in time and are looking for more strains all the time, me and one of my friends run websites one for seed and one for young plants supplying the UK and abroad , I am not going to mention the address as I am sure it will be seen as spam and im not into that, anyway I am sure this is a great place to be and look forward to a good chat.
p.s im not sure if there is such a place to put a post about seed trading on here but ill put a post somewhere about seed I would like to trade once again thanks for having me all the best.

Madhouse. :)

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hi folks

Hope I am in the right place here, I would just like to say a big hello from the UK to all you Tobacco growers out there, I suppose I alt to do a little run down about me and what I am interested in.
Ok I have been growing Tobacco in the UK for many years now as I could not except the over inflated prices our government like to charge, that was the start of it and then I came to thinking do I need to be putting the hundreds of extra additives inside me, which pushed me deeper into growing my own and then a couple of years ago I got into forums and talking to others just like me although over here in the UK we don’t have or didn’t have anything like the amounts of Tobacco strains you have in the USA, that’s not to mention Canada/ Asia and Europe.
So I got to thinking could I get a small group of people together and work on maintaining a pure strain seed bank for the UK, well I am delighted to say that it is working, me and some close friends maintain over 40 varieties of Tobacco at this moment in time and are looking for more strains all the time, me and one of my friends run websites one for seed and one for young plants supplying the UK and abroad , I am not going to mention the address as I am sure it will be seen as spam and im not into that, anyway I am sure this is a great place to be and look forward to a good chat.
p.s im not sure if there is such a place to put a post about seed trading on here but ill put a post somewhere about seed I would like to trade once again thanks for having me all the best.

Madhouse. :)
Welcome to FTT Madhouse. Your name alone indicates you should fit right in here!

madhouse

Many thanks for all the welcomes folks nice to be here, if i can help with the seed bank here in any way im more than happy to help all i will say is if the bank needs seed i am much more inclined to supply the ones i have put down as ( my recommendation ) in my seed trade post, one because i have grown then for some time and believe them to be stable and i have grown them now for more than 3 years and they are defiantly true to type, the others i would like to breed for at least another year but you can take a chance if you like should be ok now, keep the welcomes coming all the best.

madhouse.

Markw

Hi there Bill Good to see you on here, there be some good helpful people on here What are you growing this year, I will have some spare starts as usual. how did the ones go last year.

madhouse

hi mark everything is going great i now have some close friends helping me get together a seed bank for the UK costs quite a bit but selling some helps we have 4 large areas where we grow now and one of us has Polly tunnels so he raises all the young plants, lots of bagging and tagging to keep them pure but hay that's all part of the fun, what am i growing this year, that's a good one we have worked out we can grow about 40 strains this year and then the idea is to rotate up to 40 strains each year so in essence grow 40 new strains on a 3 year cycle hopefully this way the seed will germinate fine, so 120 strains until we can get more land, if you need anything give me a shout but i imagine you are all ready on your way by now anyway great to hear from you all the best.

Bill

Knucklehead

Founding Member
There is some good info on here for seed storage. Your seed can be expected to last 10 years or longer under the right conditions and desiccant.

Markw

Hi Bill Yes I hope your grow goes well. It looks like I have the use of some land and a barn and a polytunnel on my friends farm for next year. I will be growing 14 new strains this year. my seed bank is getting quite large as well. we need a good seed bank on this side of the water. hope your grow goes well

Mark

madhouse

many thanks mark hope all goes well for you too what strains are you growing this year ?.

Knucklehead what would be the best tread to look in about seed storage ?.

madhouse

looks good mark perhaps we can do a bit of a seed swap when you get time and if you have room and need any strains that i am growing this year i will save some for you.

BarG

Founding Member
I noticed your list did not contain any MCB! Have you ever tried it or compared it to MCY. It is a mild cigarette tobacco and cigar filler. Next year I will try growing the MCY but from samples it is stronger than the MCB when both are unkilned. I'd be glad to trade one for the other in a seed swap. PM if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.