Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

Man these guys suck!
I have never understood the menatality behind it? Is it just for kicks or are they thinking they are doing some sort of public service?
I understand most of them are bots is there someway to stop them?

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
By moderating at least which they do a wonderful job here at. Other than that blocking known IP's could work but they have to have a static IP to block them permanently, or do approval before each post but that's a headache.

Boboro

I tryed to read some of that crap it looked like it had so kinnda tiip words I think one was Ralf Loren. They like to use that one a lot. I dont know what they up to.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Warning
Don't click on spammer's links. These links can be tied to websites that have viruses. You can get a virus even if you don't knowingly download a file.

BarG

Founding Member
Thats how they get there fingers in your pie.:D Or your email compromised. They latch on like a leach!

BarG

Founding Member
The best are the most attacked by the hackers. If it was easy ,to hack in your pc you would be scared to state your opininion or idea in most places.In america they hack in but we aren't scared.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I thought you guys in America are Apple users. Mac. So, no Viruses.

The majority still use Microsoft Windows for home computers and lap tops. I have heard that the Mac's are not attacked as often because there aren't enough of them to make it worth while. That may change in the near future as Mac is really making a come back.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
MAC's do have viruses, but like it was said, it just isn't worth attacking. It's more difficult to hack nevertheless attack a MAC (I am using one as we speak).

MarcL

Man these guys suck!
I have never understood the menatality behind it? Is it just for kicks or are they thinking they are doing some sort of public service?
I understand most of them are bots is there someway to stop them?

What spam are we talking about . On this site ?

MarcL

Really. I don't think I've seen any of that here. Except that wholeaftobacco dude.

So it gets cleared out pretty quick ?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
To report any spam you see, press the "triangle shaped icon with the exclamation point" in it. Located at the bottom left of every message box. That will notify the mods there is a problem. ---- The "sheriff's star" shaped icon adds to users reputation if you find a post to be especially informative. Also located at bottom left. The green dots under a members name is the accumulation of reputation. ----- To nominate a post for special consideration, press "Nominate this post for special consideration" in upper right. It will add the post to the nominated posts for easier searches, but does not add to a users reputation unless you press the rep button first. ----- This link goes to the Forum FAQ, different from Tobacco Growers FAQ. It tells you the features of the forum and how best to navigate. http://fairtradetobacco.com/faq.php

Status
Not open for further replies.