Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

the Black Thumb Shrivel Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
You guys got it ALL wrong. That's his wife's watering can. He has HER doing all the watering. I think his card is safe. LOL

webmost

This is true: She did the watering. I would prolly drown the little sprouts. In fact, it was she who told me to hang a shade.

When I go camping, I use a Hennessey hammock, cause it packs small on the motorcycle. Got a one man tent footprint to hang as a rain deflector so I have a place to dig round the duffel when I climb outta the hammock. That footprint is what I hung up there. Stole her cast iron bird feeder poles to stretch it on. Tied to the fence on the other side.

I mean, the sun absolooly fried several of those Orinoco leaves yesterday. Fried crispy.

workhorse_01

I'm bad about only using the sun to start and grow, no lights. It saves me when I plant, I don't get the wilt until it gets really hot.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it would be nice, if i could get some-one to help me do the watering,

i gotta get up a hour early, just so i can get my watering done,

webmost

So I went to visit my sproutlings over at the home of my surrogate grower. Not the few shriveled stems that I am killing here --- but the ones which are thriving under her green thumb. Set a lawn chair under a shade tree and lit up. a perfecto that I rolled out of Jitterbugdude's tobacco the other day. Wanted to demonstrate to the sprouts what their eventual happy fate would be. They appeared indifferent, from all I could see.

What do you think? Is it helpful to talk to your plants? Does it stunt their growth to cremate their ancestors in front of them? Or does it encourage them to know that they too will have an opportunity to waft aromatic?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
So I went to visit my sproutlings over at the home of my surrogate grower. Not the few shriveled stems that I am killing here --- but the ones which are thriving under her green thumb. Set a lawn chair under a shade tree and lit up. a perfecto that I rolled out of Jitterbugdude's tobacco the other day. Wanted to demonstrate to the sprouts what their eventual happy fate would be. They appeared indifferent, from all I could see.

What do you think? Is it helpful to talk to your plants? Does it stunt their growth to cremate their ancestors in front of them? Or does it encourage them to know that they too will have an opportunity to waft aromatic?
Will she be able to enjoy any of the fruits of her labor? If so maybe you could waft romantic.

webmost

Will she be able to enjoy any of the fruits of her labor? If so maybe you could waft romantic.
I offered her a mild stogie. She declined. Said she had enjoyed a cigar in the past but didn't care for the morning mouth.

webmost

Rain rain rainittyrainrainrain.

How much of a downpour can these sprouts take before they drown?

Anything you need to do to fend off a beating?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You are going to be swamped with slugs when you get up tomorrow!

You'll also have slugs in your swamp. Slug pellets should be put out while the ground is wet according to the instructions.
When is your neighbor going to start a grow blog?

webmost

Are you talking about my friend who's wife is my surrogate gardener? I went there yesterday. He had hand surgery Friday, so yesterday he was all wacky with pain pills. Met him and the surrogate for breakfast, he couldn't hardly string a sentence. So I went over there to baby sit him while the surrogate went on a face painting gig. We sat in the shade. Drank some fizzy Izzies. Rocky road ice cream. I smoked a cigar that I rolled six months ago from one of Don's bazooka samplers. I tell you what, that was one excellent smoke, right there. Mellowing nicely with age. Took this picture of her sprouts:

sprouts2013-06-08.png

I think she has them too close together. But I ain't sayin anything.

My own Bearswatter still hasn't planted hers.

workhorse_01

They will be competing for the same nutrients in the soil, and the loser's wont do very well, and the winners wont either. You might do ok with a few but i'd like to see redwoods for you!

workhorse_01

I plant mine 3' apart with my rows on 4' centers, but that's not an option for you and it depends on the type of tobacco. I'm growing Big Gem and need all the room I can get. If your growing bafra then you can bring them a lot closer together. You should show Deluxstogie your patch and tell him what type plants you have he works off confined patches each year. If anyone can maximize your grow it's him.
How many you think you could fit in a 4x4 bed like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.