Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

$20.00 per carton smokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
My local native owned smoke shop is selling King Mountain cigarrettes for $20.00 per carton.

Matty

We got lots of those shops in some places. There's a community near Montreal where the smoke shops line the main street, some of the cig shops are side by side. Never stopped in at any of them but $20 is the average going price for 200 native cigs.

Matty

If you ever run accross "Saratoga canadian blend extra lights" at one of those native smoke shops stay away from em. They're like smoking nothing. Someone gave me 1 1/2 cartons for free cause he didn't like 'em. When I first tried them I smoked 4 in a row and then had a real cig lol.

DonH

We are paying $20 per pack of 20's!!!(about$15usd ) well I'm not..but everyone else is..u guys have still got it sweet at $20 per carton
Only a few states allow Native Americans to sell it a low prices and then only on tribal lands.

DGBAMA

My local native owned smoke shop is selling King Mountain cigarrettes for $20.00 per carton.

yes, but how do they taste???????????? I can still get a carton of "little cigars" which by appearance are nothing more than "brown bag" cigarettes labeled as such to avoid taxes for 19-22.00. Not such a great deal though when you find out that Manure probably would taste better. lol.

BarG

Founding Member
I used to mail order the all natural indian grown and packaged cigarettes for 10.50-12.50 a carton till they outlawed it thru mail order. Thus homegrown tobacco for me and purchased whole leaf from WLT and BigBonner. I'm out of tubes, out of papers and still smoking some really fine smokes. I come to realize smoking the cigarette is more a matter of convenience when it's to inconvenient to carry the necessary componets for an all natural rolled smoke. I damn sure aint out of tobacco and good leaves for wrapping.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I don't think it comes out that low if we add up all we spent for equipment, fertilizers, lights, kilns, electricity,
etc., etc. Buying whole leaf is by far the cheapest option.

I agree with that statement 100%. And if you figure your time as worth anything, growing becomes even more expensive. Your field work is basically overtime, and if you have the option of putting in overtime at your job instead of in the field, it wouldn't take long to pay for your whole leaf. This is a hobby plain and simple. You have to do it because you love it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The underlying cost issue seems to be that cigarette tubes or cigarette papers are now taxed as tobacco products. So you are only half-independent of the tobacco-industrial complex.

One of you clever cigarette smokers needs to develop a way to create cigarette paper and safe, workable filters at home.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The underlying cost issue seems to be that cigarette tubes or cigarette papers are now taxed as tobacco products. So you are only half-independent of the tobacco-industrial complex.

One of you clever cigarette smokers needs to develop a way to create cigarette paper and safe, workable filters at home.

Bob

Loose filters can be purchased for $8.95 per 1000 for hand rolling. http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=268_276 Or $1.25 per 100. It might be interesting to try some filtered cigarillos using tobacco leaf for the paper.

BarG

Founding Member

Bob

How funny, Just this morning I was wondering if there was a correct glue to apply to small cigarette size flexible wrapper pieces that would dry and be usable again when licked as a gummed rolling paper is for hand rolled smokes.

DGBAMA

re-usable filters could be made by rolling a strip of fine stainless steel mesh to the size of a commercia cig filter. Would be cleaned by soaking in alcohol or boiling every so often. However the initial cost and the additional time for "maintenance/cleaning" leaves very little benefit in my eyes with commercial filters costing so little.

BarG

Founding Member
When I was a kid the larado rolling machines came with tubes and loose filters. The machine injected the filter and tobacco into the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.