Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Customer comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Comments : Hello, what is the status of my order? Thank You, DJ

You should get it today, it's at your post office now. If they don't deliver it today, be sure to go there tomorrow and pick it up.

"I got it to day, you have great products and customer service! Thanks again, DJ"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello don,

yes before noon and hand delivered to my porch by my mailman. i knew it would arrive without a doubt so i thank you for ease of doing business with you. leaves are beautiful and thanx for the handling tips.

beth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Don,

I got the tobacco, and I think I've found my ideal combination. Thanks for the those filler samples; they are so mild and sweet. I also am loving that dark wrapper. It has such a mellow aroma and flavor. I tried the Bright leaf filler, Shade binder, and the dark wrapper, and that was the perfect match.

Thanks a bunch!

Hattie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi just to let you know my order arrived yesterday. Thank you very much for the quick service and I hope to order again soon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got my sampler in the mail...YAHOO. Discreet packaging meant no customs problems, so good work...BEEEAUTiful stuff-just smoked one of each variety straight& now making a brick-As Macarthur said"I shall return"

Thanks for the great customer service.
Was exactly what I expected. Huge flavor and mild. This tobacco aged well. Will mix well
And smoke great on it's own. I set 1/4 lb in the smoker, 1/4 lb to be mixed in a pipe blend and the rest to be smoked solo!
Thais again

Bill

Hey Don!

I got a parcel today, took me by surprise lol. No duty or tax on this one. I'm trying to do research on "postal importation" to get the hard facts on allowance, duty and tax. There's a lot on importation in person but nothing about by mail. I'm on vacation now so I'll have some time to make some calls to a few places during business hours.

I owe you one, if there's anything I might be able to help with.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Don:

I received my package today. Great service and you are man of your word.

Thomas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I just received my order of Turkish/Oriental today. Thank You for the quick delivery.

I can't wait to get started. This is the start of a new hobby for me.

Thanks again.
Rob

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,

The fire cured arrived in excellent condition, or as the tobacco farmers in Virginia say, "in order". It is the nicest fire cured I have had in 20 years, probably the best ever, with a deep rich tobacco flavor under the smoke. Now to find its equivalent in air cured.

Thanks for the great service,

Ross

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,

received order yesterday, you were right it is the best I've every smoked, sorry for nagging you over shipment. I reckon I'm still like a kid,a 50 yr. old kid now and cannot wait to get it quick enough & try it out. Will be ordering more soon.

your tobacco friend.
Paul

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

I love your product! great quality leaves and packaging!
thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forget the search,,,, i got my parcel today,,,best cigarette i even had in 30 years of smoking :) will place another 3 pound order next week,,,, not too crazy about that burley smell though,, i just mixed 50% red leaf and 50% bright leaf and makes for a perfect cigarette :),,thanks a million MR. don

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day Mr. Cary
I'm glad I receve my package with no costom issue, the tobacco is great I appreciate your service, till next shipment have a good one. Dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just got my huge bag!!!! wasnt expecting this hahahaha thanks a million Don,,, thanks for the duty fees sheet also

Hey Don,

how are you Sir! Receive my order today and it's a pretty nice order.Tobacco leaves are great and by far it's the best order i receive yet from the last year,your tobacco is nice. Wife and i are very happy and we look forward to do business with you again!so thanks again and take care,

Best regards
Dominic.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Page 2

These are additional comments.

Just wanted to see if you had means or plans to bring in some medium cigar cameroon wrappers/filler (seco).
I can get them elsewhere but after receiving my shipment of bezuki wrappers I am impressed by the quality
and packaging of your product and would be willing to wait a bit.

Thank you,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,

Smoking a stick of your Criollo 98...Wow! This stuff is excellent! Not smoked the others I ordered, will wrap a few tomorrow night. Great score on this tobacco, tastes like it might be from the Jalapa area, not Esteli. Either way I'll be getting more. Thanks a "bunch"...

Steve

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
From a New Zealand customer.

"Awesome package arrived in 6 days!. Condition perfect. Thanx Don"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wallace sent me a sampler of the leaves you offer for cigars. Wow I was really impressed with the quality of the leaves. I am going to place an order today.

Thanks
JC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Don.......I received the (samples) one pound packages that you sent to me today (sat)....You are correct I have no clue what real tobacco should be like. You have re-educated me on Quality, Variety,Tastes, of Real tobaccos.....I thank you as well after the experiences and types of ?tobaccos? another vendor had been selling to me what you have shown me simply by showing your excellent customer care and service , has opened my eyes to what I really enjoy about being a Smoker.

You are awesome and I will go to any and all of the roll your own tobacco forums that I belong to and every other one I can find that wants to hear it of "How awesome you have treated me" (a brand new customer)......And just how your products show up, every other company I have dealt with in the past in quality and price and service.....If you were here now I would shake your hand and speak of your greatness to all I know....................Again Good job in Showing your true nature and the nature of your business, it will always pay off for you..........

As per my promise to you I will go into your website and order the ten pounds I had asked for and gladly at that.........The lemon virginia is EXACTLY what I was looking for, it tastes, feels and smokes with the same Amazing flavors that I had created growing and curing my own tobaccos (and nothing I have ever came across was as good as my own homegrown).....I never would have tried it if not for you ....

After I have settled the tobacco purchases I am interested in buying a shredder for my personal use and though I could (maybe) hunt e-bay or amazon for one I would much rather send my money your way to ensure you stay in business and are able to inform and show others what real businesses are ran like..........In short YOU have made a lifelong customer and a Happy one at that........

Thank You Again

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: is there wierd bugs in some of this, is it safe to have in my home??? or should i keep it in garage?? noticed a strange lil noisy insect in it today

A:
I've never heard any noisy little bugs in tobacco, so they must be native to your area. Tobacco is an agricultural product and therefore it is perishable. It should be handled and stored accordingly. I'd recommend keeping the bags closed and sealed as best as possible. You should always keep it out of direct sunlight and as cool as possible.

Tobacco has natural enemies of all kinds.

Reply: Will do. thx man, gotta like a guy thats not afraid of work, you're great to deal with Don! thx again

------------------------------------------------

Thank you Don for your great product and prompt service. This is our second order from you and we are very pleased with the result and your fast shipping!! Thank you, Ashley

I have called them and they say it shouldn't be held at the customs (we'll see that I guess). So I'll place my order in a few minutes (finally!).

Thanks for your patience and great customer service!

Best regards,

J-M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dear sir,
received tobacco yesterday afternoon.
after looking at it,I believe it is going to suit my purposes really good.
will be ordering more in the future.
thank you for the service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hi Don,

Well your tobacco is sure standing the test of time... I really love the blends I've come up with and especially the red... I've offered some to a few of my friends and one guy took me aside and said "Hey we gotta do business man"...lol.

Well, I'm not in it for the business and I told him about your site... you know Don I just don't get some people... when they told me I couldn't smoke in bars I quitt goin and found other places (and I was mad everybody didn't do that)... when they put an 80% tax on butts, I looked on the net and experimented till I found you... man you know I mean I aint' a genious or anything but I found a way... I don't understand these other guys who are happy to sit idley by and bitch and moan... guess I was just raised different... on the farm we could see a long way down the road... guess it's different for the city people.
I've been in Edmonton a long time... left the farm to come to the big city and play Rock n Roll... did it up right but now it's time to go... I've been lookin at land and I think I mighta found a good spot... my house is for sale (actually just the land cause I'm takin my house cause it's a recording studio that I built over a lotta years and I wanna keep it)... and I can't wait to get out of this city... I call it "Forever 14", cause that's about the mentality... "Forever 14 I call her... the whore of the north... the city Men only visit but do not live in... a place of bicycle cops and velvet painted laws... and a river that smells like sewer".
I had a spine operation in May and I gotta lotta trouble walkin now, but I'm hopin it'll get better in a year or so... my old roadie Frank is comin out to the new place to help with the yard and such and we're gonna keep workin on the sound system I've been dreamin about all my life... it's about half done now and with the money from the house sale we'll be able to finish it... man, it's gonna roar... old school style... we're talkin about makin mic stands outta maple... don't think I ever saw that on any stage and I been on a few... ah hell... we're just gonna have a good ol time!

When I was growin up we lived by the Blood Indian Reserve... I grew up with those boys and they taught me alot... me and my best friend Phil learned about horses, farm work and raisin a whole lotta hell... one day when I was 18 he said "I can't hang around with you anymore cause you're white and my Mom wants me to learn about my people"... I was stunned... I said "Ya ok, but we can still hang out and you can learn at the same time right'?... he said no and I didn't see him again... then one day when I was 21 he stopped by the farm and said "Ok, I'm back"... boy was I glad to see him... I said "Ok, what did you learn"?... he said "Well you see Doug, all over the world there are natives... they are the real people"... I didn't really know what he was talkin about but I pretended I did... I was just glad to be back with my friend.
Years later when I was on the road I started to think about what he had said and I started to get a little glimmer... and what with the writing of songs and all... not to mention my own soul searchin, I started to come up with an idea... well acourse I was gonna have to write songs about it, but I was a little spooked what with the native religious stuff and all... so I asked him if I could speak to the elders and ask their permission... he laughed and said "Man, if you put this much together already I'm sure you have they're permission" ( why is it always me that has to be the dumb ass... lol ).
So anyway, now I have an album that is almost done called "The Real People"... to me it translates into all of us normal folk... I guess if ya had to boil it down to one word it would be "Honest"... ya, I like the honest folk... my roadie Frank calls us "Normal"... and the other ones "Wierd"...lol.

After lookin around a bit on the blog, I can see there are quite a lot of us and I am comforted and very proud of that... you have done good work here Don and I am honored and proud to know ya!

"Answer to no man... answer only to God"

When he refers to the "Blogs", he's referring to the members here.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hello Don,

Well you know what? I just have received my initial order.

Do I like it? Let's just say that I can now die a happy man. This stuff is terrific. Yum!

So I'll transfer money to my Paypal account and once it's there, I'll place the same order which you will obviously not have to ship.

Thak you so much for your support dear sir! You have yourself a new customer! And I won't hesitate to recommend your products to anyone who may wish to get the same.

Best regards,

Jean-Marc

-------------------------------------------

Don,

I have some of your VA 309 Fire cured which is the finest of its kind I have ever had. In my chewing twists I only use about 25% fire cured and need a dark, rich full flavored air for the rest. Any chance your KY dark air might be right . . . or other suggestions?

Thank you,

Ross
_________

Ross,

Yes, I'd recommend the Dark Air or even the Burley could add a nice flavor. For a milder flavor, you can use the Maryland. For a sweeter flavor, the Virginia Red would work good.

Clear as mud huh? :)
________

Don,

It all helps. I often make twists with several kinds of tobacco all blended, including both flue cured VA and especially some burley.

For many many years I used to buy leaf from Fred Stoker in TN. He had a fire cured that was similar to yours, but not as good. Your growers of that are doing a spectacular job, wonderful sweet mature tobacco and then really fine, carefully selected hickory for the smoke. The air cured I used to get from Fred had almost the same color as the fire, but not quite as dark. It also had a lot of flavor and a bit of natural sweetness. I am growing to think that aging after harvesting is very good for tobacco, but the key to really great chewing base may be (along with the variety) getting tobacco that gets really mature on the stalk before harvest. I think this is what may be part of the greatness of your fire cured.

I will get off center and try some of your red VA and fire . . . there is really only one way to find out . . . Unless I can convert you to "eating tobacco" as the old timers used to call it, and then you would know :-}}}

Thanks as always for your help!

Ross
_______

Ross,

I'll be sure to throw in some samples of everything I mentioned with whatever you order.

Thank you,

Hi Don,

Your packaging and clean leaf has been passing through customs like a dream, three packages I know of have been inspected no worrys. And we are smoking some of the best tobacco in the country now.
Very happy Kiwi.
cool.png

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hey Don,
Got the cigar sampler today and I thank you so much for EVERYTHING!
I just can't get over the depth of flavor of the tobacco, and quality of the leaf.
My house smells, As Billy Crystal would say, marvelous!
Just can't say enough on how pleased I am.
I think growing tobacco might get put on the back burner next year. NOT!
But I'm not going to worry as much on crop success with your Whole Leaf Tobacco at my finger tips.
Thanks very much for everything!
Chris...

------------------------------------------

"Oddly, since I started smoking real tobacco, I feel no need to smoke every minute of everyday... I simply smoke when I choose... I wonder... could it be freedom I'm addicted to now?... also, I have noticed I hardly cough anymore".

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hello I am ready to make another purchase of the lemon virginia and have a
couple questions.1 is there any other discount offered on 10 pound or more
purchases? 2 are there any other tobaccos you carry that have that spicy taste
the lemon virginia has?........and thank you for the last couple orders the
quality of your product is amazing and the shredder I got from you is making the
whole experience so..much simpler...let me know if you have the 10 pounds of the
lemon in stock and any comparable tobaccos please ......thank you
..............Robert

Reply...

Robert,

I'm offering free shipping on orders withing the continental United States. I'm not sure where you're from, but if you qualify, enter GreatDeal in the coupon code box for this promotion.
If you're outside the US, I would be willing to refund $20 of your total invoice. Either way, I'll also send samples of different tobaccos that I think fit the description of what you're looking for.

When ordering, please enter your request for the other tobaccos and remind me of the $20 discount/refund on your order.

Don

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[FONT=&amp]Thanks Don, Your order will ship today. I still haven’t heard anything about the newest model coming out. I have however heard something about a new Powermatic Rolling machine coming out, when I don’t know. As for our inventory- we still have quite a few. You sell more for us than we sell. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Don. Been meaning to drop you a short email since I received the last order.
Keep up the good work! The Criollo 98 is wonderful stuff, and can't wait for the
Corojo. Really hope you can keep this stuff in stock, even as unpredictable as
tobacco can be. Thanks, again Don.....Steve

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hey Don, Just want to thank you for my order. This is the finest tobacco I have ever smoked, and I have been a smoker for 40 years. I also want to say thanks for the VERY FAST SHIP!! You have a customer for life here

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hi
I like to order just 1 lb at a time.That lasts about 3 weeks. I was wondering weather the tobacco would get any mold if i order more than 1 lb and not open the other bags for say a month and also can i store my unused leaf in a ziplok bag and for how long.
thanks
Mike

Mike,

We ship the tobacco in perfect order for processing. Our tobacco is packaged in vapor-proof bags that do not allow moisture to migrate from the bag, so the tobacco stays in perfect order for at least a year if unopened. Once you open a bag, any unused leaf can be put back into the bag. Simply fold the open end of the bag and secure it with tape. keep the tobacco out of direct sunlight and in a cool place. The tobacco will not go bad in the bag.

Thank you,
Don Carey

Hi Don
Thanks for replying so quickly. You have a great product and i want to say you run a First class business.I am glad i chose your company and i have already mentioned this to a few friends.
Happy Holidays
Thanks again
Mike

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Just to prove not all feedback is good...

Hi Don,

I think you should consider shipping the casing using a different method. When I opened up my package of tobacco and a bottle of casing, I got a big mess. All of the casing spilled out of the spray bottle and onto all the bags in the package. I had to wash the bags of tobacco and I have no casing remaining. Maybe use electrical tape to seal the spray bottle, but I also found a lot of liquid in the cap. The spray bottle was bubble wrapped, but that was not enough to keep the casing from leaking through the entire package. I don't know if it was a faulty spray bottle, but I ended up with a big mess. Maybe send the spray bottle separately from the casing - the casing could go into a bottle that is more appropriate for shipping liquids. Please send me a new bottle of "General Purpose" casing that I originally ordered since the bottle I received was almost empty.

Sincerely,

Hey Don,
Just received my order and wanted to say I was pretty impressed with leaf. Also
thanks for the wrapper nice touch. Can't wait to roll some up

Thanks again

Don,
When I placed my first order with a few weeks ago, you had added a couple bottles of casing with the order, by the way thanks for that.

One is labeled to add a tablespoon of water, the other is labeled American Old-Style Full Flavor. Is that last one sprayed on at that strength or should it be diluted too? (that stuff smells good) I'm guessing not, but wanted to check first.

I'll be placing another order in the next day or two and want to try these out, if we like them I'll be adding them to the order.
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,

Sorry about the mis-labeling of the one bottle. Your is assumption is correct...add 1 tablespoon of water to that bottle also. You can also try about 20 pumps on 2 ozs. of shredded to test first.

Hi there,

I placed an order on dec 6 and I forgot to write down the tracking number. I don't see it on my invoice and was wondering if I may be able to acquire it somehow. It was invoice 0000002***. For a Thomas ***** shipping to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Thanks so much! Your products have been so great and I love you guys so much!

Tom

Thomas,

Your UPSP Tracking number is LC28*******US. The oorder was shipped First Class mail and sometimes it can not be tracked outside the US. Regardless, you should have it within the next couple of days.

Happy Holidays

Thank you,

Don

Thank you so much. Now that's customer service! That was sooo fast!

Tom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Don,

I received the three bottles of the tobacco casing solutions and I wanted to thank you for sending me three different ones. I can't wait to try them out.

I have been smoking cigarettes made from whole leaf tobacco, but I just could not get the tobacco to taste just right. I am hoping the flavoring will help and I will post my critique on the forum.

Also, your Latakia that I ordered is the best Latakia that I have ever smoked. I smoked it straight and mixed with some Yellow Orinoco and it was fanatastic. You can definitely expect another order from me for some more of the Latakia.

Thank you for making me a valued customer,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to comment on the Aleman Oscuro that I bought: although the
flavor/aroma quality is there the leaves in my bundle had much more than a
little bit of bug damage. Most of the leaves had holes the size of golf balls.
I was only able to use about 30% of the bundle for wrapper, and the rest was
difficult to use even for binder, a lot of it went to the mixed filler bin.
Personally, I wouldn't call that wrapper quality, although if it didn't have the
big holes it would be. I ended up using the Aleman Binder tobacco for most of
my wrapper, it was in better shape. My first experience buying your tobacco
leaves (pun intended)me with the feeling that your tobacco is good quality, but
try not to offer tobacco that is too damaged(I realize the price reflected
that). So far,all in all, I like your tobacco better than the other on-line
sources (you know who they are). Looking forward to trying some more in the
future. Regards, Dave

Dave,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Aleman Oscuro. I've had
nothing but good reviews of the leaf, but there's always the possibility
the leaf can be mishandled during packaging or you might have been sent
leaf that was on the outside of the bale...or any number of reasons. I
can't inspect every leaf, nor can I assure the hired help is not paying
attention to everything they're doing...but I do try.

I'll be happy to send a replacement, but all of the Aleman has been
packaged, so I can't guarantee it will be in any better shape. I will
choose a random package and send it to you. Please let me know if it is
any better (or worse) than the package you've received.

I really am only interested in selling the finest tobaccos available and
will continue to do so. The Piloto Cubano will be listed in the next
week or so.

If you haven't already...please feel free to join www.FairTradeTobacco.com and read
the reviews of the Aleman Oscuro. Also feel free to post any comments yourself.

Thank you,

Don

------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Currently in Wyoming and looking to order sampler etc. soon, will be moving to
Oregon in early to mid summer and want to set up a whole leaf shop out there
would be interested in possibly working with you to get that going. I ordered
from another vendor not long ago and was not pleased with my order to say the least,
it came full of dog hair, pubes, garbage and a dog turd in it.

Sam,

I'll be more than happy to work with you. Let me know when you're ready and we'll get you going.

When you have time, please take a look at the customer reviews Here

We are the first company to market leaf tobacco in for retail. There are a lot of imitators out there...some even using my name (Wholeaf.com, WholeLeafTobacco.net) so be careful where you click. Some of my best customers called me complaining about the garbage tobacco they thought I sent them.

Also, feel free to join the forum. There are a lot of guys who can answer just about any questions you have about processing leaf tobacco.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Don just checking on my order #24*** shipped 1/2/14 I usually get orders from you within 2 days.

Here's the USPS tracking number 9405509699*********. It looks like it got lost somewhere in PA. I'll try to resend it tomorrow.

Thanks Don, I knew something was up, you are the quickest shipper on the planet!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I did have the misfortune of dealing with your competition. I can't even begin to tell you how much better (bad grammer) you package your tobacco. Anything that was ordered in quantity larger than a lb was literally balled up into one bag, I rarely ran into complete leafs and it seemed like more stems than should have been.

Plus your tobacco tastes better too. All I can say is I am glad that I found you store.

Your Turkish smells WONDERFUL! (Tastes good too!)

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hi Don,

I just received my first order from you guys and I am really pleased with your service and the quality of the tobacco.

I'm looking forward to blending the Dominican Seco with the Pennsylvania Red, Havana and CT Shade Leaf that I grow.

The package arrived on time and the quality of the leaf is impressive. I rolled a little cigar just from the Seco and the taste is great.

Next order I make will be for at least 3lbs to get the free shipping.

A very happy customer!

Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. This Latakia made my day. It smells and looks wonderful.

Thanks, Don!

I'll have to tell you some day about how worthless your competitor is.

Hi Don! Yes we received our shipment on Monday! We want you to know that the "leaves" are totally awesome! Everything about them is excellent--size, color, smell, and taste! We were foolish trying to order our leaves from anybody but you! Thank you for the quality of your product and your service!

Tobacco Norway

Dear Mr. Don Carey,

I am so happy with the leafs you send to me. You made my day.

Thank you very much for your wonderful work.I will shop again.

Best regard's

Hi Don,

You are quite the guy. Wish there were more like you in this world.

My husband who the cigars are for likes dark oily wrappers, what would you recommend?

Marcia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hi Don,

I just came back from my travel and picked up the two boxes.

Don, I am just floored by the quality of your leaves and your incredible packaging. Your products are so so superior that I am almost upset for all the money we have spent elsewhere! I opened some of the packages and took a breath and I just screamed in an amazement. My wife thought I hurt myself and she ran down to the basement and she just shook her head.

I just can't not rave enough about how great your leaves are.

I had such a horrible experience with another vendor that I didn't know what to expect. We got moldy leaves, unfermented/poorly fermented leaves, powderized leaves, and horrible customer service! I kept wanting to work things out with **** but now I am just upset at myself for not ordering from you last year when we first started the conversation. **** gave me a great pricing discount but I should've listened to the people's recommendations!!!!

I guess the best way to thank you is to order more. :)

Will be placing another order in a couple of days.

Thank you, Don. I am a happy satisfied customer!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Don,

We are finding out that your Dom Seco is really tasty as it is quite sweet to the taste. Maryland is one of the best looking leaves I've ever purchased. It's just stunningly beautiful but it is quite harsh to the taste so I am gonna let it age a bit further or go through some toasting before I use it for blending. What crop year is Maryland 609 we bought? Overall, we are quite blown away by the superior quality of your products. I will give further updates on other leaves. It is still very cold here in Toronto and I don't think people are testing the leaves yet. I have only tried Dom Seco, Ligero, Alemans, Maryland, Burley.

However, Don, I find it a bit regretful about the T90 Burley. I must have gotten the last bottom portion of the bale or something but the leaves are badly broken up. I moisturized the leaves and opened the packaging and found that it is farthest from the picture you listed on your website. I understand that some leaves can be damaged but overall, this is very poorly harvested or handled leaves. I don't feel that this is indicative of your usual quality. This will disappoint when shared. I don't quite know how to split this one... Wish I can do a return and put the credit into another purchase but the shipping will be too much.

I am looking forward to making another order soon,

W****

W****,
Let me know how much unacceptable Burley you have and I'll replace it. Sorry for the trouble, but unfortunately, I can't monitor every leaf that is packaged and shipped...but I do try.

Thank you,

Don Carey

Hi Don,

I am sorry, Don. I made a mistake. I have mixed up the samples and I mistakenly labeled another vendor's product to yours. I opened your Burley packages and found out that it was a labeling mistake on my end. I took a 1/4 pound out from each package I ordered but somehow mislabeled from yours from another vendor.

By the way, what crop year is the maryland 609 you have on sale?

Thanks,

W****

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Don.

I already smoking a nice cigar from it. using the Habano viso as wrapper (without binder) lovely smoke.

the Habano viso is very good leaf - small vaines.

You wont belive it, but the "5th Avenue" is in my car + more 9 paintings waiting to been deliver tomorrow to a gallery at Tel-Aviv.

If you are sure about it, im going to take it out from the car. I told you it coted with gold painting. its an USA made gold paint, i dont know if its contain real gold - just let you know.

What a cigar... burn perfect!

Thank you

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Don,
Just thought I'd drop you a quick e-mail and let you know how pleased I was with your service and the quality of your leaves. When I chose the free shipping I assumed I would receive ground shipping but instead was pleasantly surprised to see my order in two days. I recently placed and order with another leaf company and the order process took about two weeks and I can tell you the quality of the product I received from you was far superior!
Thanks again,
Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Don

It's offical! You sell the best cigar tobacco in the country... i've got five good suppliers, but you've got the best of the best. Please keep going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Don,

I received the order already this morning. That was incredibly fast. I sure hope that didn’t set ya back much.

Thanks for great service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Don, I received my tobacco leaves this afternoon. The leaves are superb and your shipping time is impressive.

Thank you,
David.

Hello Don,

I received my leaves today. They arrived in excellent condition. And they are really nice looking leaves.
The package got here really fast.

Thanks for a job well done.

David

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
My order arrived quickly,as usual, along with the extras y'all sent.
Just wanted to say thanks for the samples,pad,lighter and most of all
the business card.
Y'all have a Great 4th of July

Bruce

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
What do I have to say after using Whole Leaf Tobacco
I have been Smoking Camel Non Filter Cigarettes for 55 years only last year started Rolling my own Cigarettes, bought processed Tobacco from a Local Smoke shop. after buying
Turkish and Virginia Red whole Leaf Tobacco the texture is night and day difference best Smoke I have ever had from www.WholeLeafTobacco.com

Don,

Thank you for the reply. You are correct I was looking at blends. This is my secound order and am very satisfied with your company and it's products.

ohn

Don,No problem at all, thank you for the quick response. Also, I am very happy with the quality of the tobacco, I am now buying it exclusively from you.
thanks,

Thanks so much for the order and for the fast turn around time. This is my first time trying to roll my own cigars and I'm satisfied with everything I received.

Hi,
My 2# of leaves arrived and they look great.
You have a very good product at a good price and I'm gonna try and send some buisness your way.
I've been growing 150 plants of bright leaf and frog eye for the past 10 years for personal use, but only setup to air cure. I look forward to working with theese flu cured leaves.
Thanks

Don, I tried 1 of your WLT Azucarodo Oscuro blend kits and loved it. I'm wondering if would you have a pound of each tobacco in that blend kit I can purchase.

I'd like to get some of each tobacco in the blend to keep in storage.

Thanks,
Charlie

Don,

Just got my latest order today (delivered on a Sunday? On a holiday weekend, no
less!) Super stoked when I found the free chaveta at the bottom of the bag of
tobacco! I totally forgot about the FTT promo so I just wanted to say thanks
for figuring out that I'm on the board though I don't post much there and thanks
throwing it in there for me anyway. Oh and getting it here so quick is also
appreciated!

You have basically earned my business for as long as I'm rolling cigars!

Thanks again,

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Don,

I just wanted to take a second to thank you for your outstanding customer service and great website.

When someone mentioned rolling my own cigars, I thought it sounded like a lot of fun and one of those skills that I should learn. At the time however, I didn't know anything about rolling, least of all where to find good leaf to do it. Your web site has made it easy to find what I need and you blend kits took all of the fear of messing up the blend out of the equation. That mixed with the low price of the kits made it easy for me to find a starting place.

When I received my second order, I thought there had been a mistake. (On a side note, I apologize for calling you so late. I didn't expect anyone to answer and figured I'd just leave you a message.) There was more leaf than I had ordered in the package. When I called you, it was simply that you ran out of what I had ordered and added a whole pound of something else to make it right. While that wasn't necessary, it was much appreciated.

I may be new to rolling cigars, but it's something that I plan on doing for many years to come. As long as you're there, I won't be ordering from anyone else. Thank you sir for making this all such an enjoyable experience.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi, I placed an order recently and received a free sample of Dark Air Cured Crop Year 2012, and really like it, but can't figure out what leaf it is. Kentucky, maybe Burley? I would really like to know because I will like to purchase more in the future. I made a heavy Latakia blend and used some D.A.C2012, and it's a very manly blend.

Thank you for the awesome leaves!

-----------------------------------------------

Don,
I have really been enjoying your tobacco. I almost gave up home rolling cigars mostly because the flavor of tobacco I get from (another vendor) doesn't quite turn me on. However, the Aleman, Criollo ligero, Paraguay, Brazil, etc. that I got from you have been tasting better than store bought cigars.

You may remember me, I was the guy who received some Aleman that had a bunch of holes in it that made it unworkable (except for filler), and you were kind enough to replace it even though I didn't ask you to.

Keep on providing these great tobaccos and I will keep on buying!

Oh yeah, my question: the PA oscuro binder, that would not happen to be the 'same exact' leaf as offered by (another vendor), would it? Not that theirs is terrible or anything, but I already tried theirs. I was hoping you had something of higher quality, similar to the rest of your tobacco. I would suppose you are not selling the very same leaf as they have, but I just wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks again for good product, service and price.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thank you Don for the added casing, pads, business cards and sample of Dark Air Cured.
It is much appreciated.

Oh and that Organic Burley is delicious!

Thanks as always.

Best regards,

A satisfied customer.

--------------------------------------------

Well, color me sheepish! Guess what just showed up in my mailbox! Kudos, Sir, on both shipping speed and sizing! Really REALLY surprised to see that sucker fit in our box!!!
All looks well to boot, and the little goodie bag was a nice touch :) Can't have too many note pads (or what looks like a note pad).

------------------------------------------

Don, Thanks for adding the San Andreas
to the order and getting it out so fast. I received the order today. I will never order from any other company as you have such great service and quality leaf. I have loved every tobacco leaf I have gotten from you.
Keep it up,

-----------------------------------------

Don. I smoked one of the cigars this morning that I rolled from your tobacco and all I can say is that it was fantastic! I will definitely be ordering more in the future. The cigar needed to dry a bit more and age a little before it was smoked but I couldn't wait to give it a try. Very nice kit you have put together.

-----------------------------------------

Thank you, Don, for the continued great service, as well as the very thoughtful acrylic humidor and other add-ons. I appreciate it and look forward to continuing business with you. A merry Thanksgiving to you and yours!

----------------------------------------

Well Don, over time I have found that your products may be more expensive than other sites but as of now I will buy from you and what you offer because the quality of products make a profound difference.

Just a thought but I hope you have a Great Thanksgiving and I know you are probably over run with orders at this time of year. Just wishing you the Best.

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.