Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First crop

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gallo

My first crop (4plants) look great , to me I just started the first prime of leaves. Having a great time with this. Let one plant go to flower. Tried to put photo on here not sure if it took. This a great site for info thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 111

El Gallo

Yep these are still in the ground , I have a second round of seeds germinating. The plants are habano 2000 and Corojos

El Gallo

First prime , not much but it's a start

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 60

rainmax

Founding Member
Welcome. In the Florida I have had my first cigar. Havana Sunrise or something similar. I'm hooked since than. Good place to grow tobacco.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum El Cubanito, nice looking Habanos and Corojos. I think we'll see good handmade cigars at the end of this season. ;)

El Gallo

Yep, potted them this morning. Will go to ground probably right as I finish picking the first crop , fingers crossed!

BigMikeChevy

El Cubanito
dang man looks like your catching on quick or you've had a good teacher. plants look good. good luck and welcome to FTT site. only advice i got for you in general is if you have a questions make sure to ask. these guys on here definely are a wealth of information

BigMike

El Gallo

Thanks I'm having a blast growing this, even if I won't be smokin it for a year or so I'm loving it, check the plants everyday after work, wish I had planted more. It's good practice though, when I move to my ten acres in a couple of years I should be able to grow a fair amount and be in cigars up to my ears. Still not sure how to ferment this stuff after curing. Not too keen on the box and lamp methods I've seen, any alternatives would be appreciated.

AmaxB

Thanks I'm having a blast growing this, even if I won't be smokin it for a year or so I'm loving it, check the plants everyday after work, wish I had planted more. It's good practice though, when I move to my ten acres in a couple of years I should be able to grow a fair amount and be in cigars up to my ears. Still not sure how to ferment this stuff after curing. Not too keen on the box and lamp methods I've seen, any alternatives would be appreciated.
It is fun and to see your work payoff is good to. I'm a 1st time grower too and like you having a good time, GROW EM Big El C

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Still not sure how to ferment this stuff after curing. Not too keen on the box and lamp methods I've seen, any alternatives would be appreciated.

You can build a kiln from a free salvage upright freezer. This thread show one with a very good wiring layout and good pictures so you can see what's happening. A crock pot provides the heat and the humidity. It starts at Post # 12. http://fairtradetobacco.com/showthread.php?1694-kiln

Status
Not open for further replies.