Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Busca ayuda, tiene que ser fluido en español

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'd like to open a Spanish speaking forum on the site. It would start out with a single forum and if it is successful, sub forums can be added.

The help I'm looking for is very basic right now. I'll translate some of the most important posts like "Tobacco growing FAQ" and some of the most helpful threads/posts. Your job will be to proof read the translations for accuracy.

I'm also thinking about making an ecommerce site in Spanish also, but that's in the thought phase right now.

Post here with any comments, even if you can't translate. Please feel free to offer any comments or criticisms.

Webby

I could have a look at them for you. Lived in Spain for a bit. Another great idea mate.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Feel free to send them by me. My Spanish is literary, and makes a poor showing in conversation.

Bob

EDIT: I think you mean, busco ayuda.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Someone beat me to it.

cultivodetabaco.com

They have a link to our forum on their home page.

Bob, what would be a proper title for a general type forum for our Spanish speaking friends? I'll start a forum and include this link. Everyone will be welcome to post there.

tronez.spain

I can also help you,

Tronez from Spain and member of cultivodetabaco.com

Foro General de Tabaco : It´s perfect.

:cool: Post: 1

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hey, I'm glad you could join us. You have excellent taste in forum names! LOL Thank you for posting my friend.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Someone beat me to it.

cultivodetabaco.com

They have a link to our forum on their home page.

Bob, what would be a proper title for a general type forum for our Spanish speaking friends? I'll start a forum and include this link. Everyone will be welcome to post there.

Can we start a Spanish speaking forum and return the favor of cultivodetabaco.com and add a link to their forum from ours? I've been to their site with Google Translate and their is some interesting information there, including several links to tobacco books and documents written in English. I haven't tried the Chrome browser, but it's supposed to do an automatic translation. Will this be the same translation as given by Google Translate or a better one?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thank you your offer to help with the Spanish language forum.

At this time, it might be easiest to direct potential members to the existing Spanish forum. Perhaps we can use this forum here for answers not yet available on the Spanish forum.
The way this forum would work for now would be for a Spanish member would post a question. Tronez would then translate and post the question in the general or designated forum.

I don't want this to become a burden for anyone, but I'd also like our resources made available to everyone who might need them.

Please comment as to the best way to develop this forum.

I'll create the Spanish forum and move this thread at some point.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
tronez.spain: FTT's first Liaison Officer! There's a promotion to Ambassador if you do a good job. ;)

Great idea FmGrowit.

rainmax

Founding Member
Welcome Tronez.spain and Spanish speaking people. I hope one day we will also have Slovenian speaking forum here because my english is killing me.
Until than buenos dias, buenas tardes i buenas noches.

garryricketson

I had never noticed this thread/topic before, but also, apparently it still has not been started, so any way, I am will to help as much as I can, I like the idea, and it would be neat if some other people here in Mexico show up,
Your job will be to proof read the translations for accuracy.
. "google translate does pretty good, if the english spelling and grammar is perfect, however sometimes google comes up with some pretty weird,and often humorous translations too, all though Spanish is my second language, ( I grew up speaking english), in the 15 years I have been living here, I almost never speak any english, my wife does not speak any english, nor the kids, so any way, I will help out as much as I can, sometimes I am kind of "pressed" for time, but I don't think it will be real time consuming, initially a little, but once the first translations have been proof read, after that additions,etc, will be easier as they come in.
Do you have the translations ready to proof read ? just let me know, when you do.

Rickey60

Welcome Tronez.spain and Spanish speaking people. I hope one day we will also have Slovenian speaking forum here because my english is killing me.
Maks, I think your English is great. I love your posts and pictures.

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT, Could you provide an English translation link directly on your forum? It may help alot of us lazier baccy enthusiasts.

Come to think of it Ftt could do the same,with a sticky, if possible, for our foriegn speaking compadres.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT, Could you provide an English translation link directly on your forum? It may help alot of us lazier baccy enthusiasts.

Come to think of it Ftt could do the same,with a sticky, if possible, for our foriegn speaking compadres.

The Internet Browser Google Chrome does an automatic foreign language translation. It works pretty good. I've been using it to check out the Spanish and Portuguese forums. I've posted a couple of times on the Portuguese forum, I use Google Translate to translate my posts into Portuguese, then copy and paste the translation into the message box. It's not as slow as it sounds.

tronez.spain

As Knuckhead said, you can use Google Chrome or Google translate to do it. Not bad, not good but it´s the only thing we have to translate our posts meanwhile.
Interesenting that mexican offer, there are other members from "South America" in cultivodetabaco

Anyway, here I am to help you

tronez.spain

Thanks Maks I always follow your posts

Buenos dias, buenas tardes y buenas noches

garryricketson

The Internet Browser Google Chrome does an automatic foreign language translation. It works pretty good. I've been using it to check out the Spanish and Portuguese forums. I've posted a couple of times on the Portuguese forum, I use Google Translate to translate my posts into Portuguese, then copy and paste the translation into the message box. It's not as slow as it sounds.
Buenos Noche, good night, and I am tired, but here is a example of what this thread looks like using google translate: (English to Spanish)
FTT in Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.