Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rustica Transplanting Removing lower leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

After growing it last year and having millions of suckers.
I am not going to touch them.
But will removing the lower leaves when transplanting have any effect on suckering?
Thanks, Tom

darren1979

First Time Grower
I doubt it will have any affect on the suckers, i removed a few lower leaves on some Virginia's last year with ugly slug holes and it done the same as all the others. Im guessing rustica are the same.

squeezyjohn

From my experience with Rustica - it is a short plant, but just so vigorous that it will just keep on trying to throw up suckers all season long.

My attempt to see what happens when you let the suckers do their own thing is that you get lots of very small leaves in a kind of bush - not great for leaf production.

However - if you let a couple of the bottom suckers live - then remove all the other suckers - you get 3 times the amount of big leaves per plant - I couldn't tell the difference between the leaf sizes of the plants I did this with and the ones where I took all the suckers off. But I did get almost 3 times the yield from a single plant that way.

Worth a try with Rustica I reckon.

jekylnz

sounds like a nz native name...yeah bro I'll grab some if you have spare ones?? that chick beverley emailed me I returned saying id be keen. $100 all good .everythings confidential.

skychaser

Rapi Nui means Easter Island in the native language, where the stain was said to have originated. It's very mild to smoke but has a high nicotine content. I like it and use it in my blend to add some kick. The down side of it is stringing the small leaves, but it's no worse than most Turkish is. Smoking it straight will give you a buzz if your not used to it. :)

Boboro

sounds like a nz native name...yeah bro I'll grab some if you have spare ones?? that chick beverley emailed me I returned saying id be keen. $100 all good .everythings confidential.
Im curious. Yall got a chicken fighten ring goin.

jekylnz

Not realy noisey. But hopped up on cheap beer an roids.

Na..not much cock fighting goes on over here..some pitbulls. .but Na some woman from some research company got hold of Sean to see if he wanted to do a statistics thing on baccy..but he's way down the other end of nz and her companys up here by me so he hooked her up to do it with me.. $100 for a hour interview. .sounds all good..I'll only be telling her wat she wants to here anyway. .I might even get free coffee and lunch if I'm lucky??

jekylnz

Rapi Nui means Easter Island in the native language, where the stain was said to have originated. It's very mild to smoke but has a high nicotine content. I like it and use it in my blend to add some kick. The down side of it is stringing the small leaves, but it's no worse than most Turkish is. Smoking it straight will give you a buzz if your not used to it. :)

The people that lived there probably were Maori originally. .Rapi in Maori means "scratch?" &nui means "great.superior. etc??

skychaser

Easter Island was originally settled about 1500 years ago by Polynesians, so it is entirely possible the inhabitants are distant cousins of the Maori. The name literally translates to "Big Rapa" in their language. The language is 80% similar to what is spoken in the Tahitian Islands. Easter Island is over 2000 miles off the South America's west coast. It's a pretty isolated place. There are stories that when the first Europeans arrived the people were already growing N. Rustica, which would mean they had some sort of connection to South America before Europeans arrived. But there is no solid evidence to support this. Most "experts" believe it was brought to the island in the early 18th century by Europeans. But who knows. The Polynesians were pretty good sailors themselves and had to travel over 1500 miles east across the Pacific to get there in the first place. Maybe they did go on to South America and back.

Seanz

There is certain;y enough evidence to suggest the idea, The sweet potato isone of them, A very similar word structure around most of the pacific from hawaii all the way down. cept micronesia, papua new guinea And over that side. There are similar cosmological belief systems, but then most of them are all the same . but i do tend to believe they were very experienced sailors.
And the colonisation of New Zealand wasn't in one mass migration but a series of to and fro voyages MAkes more sense to me that they came and went.

Status
Not open for further replies.