Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrism

3aab8a19.jpg

Smoked it for over an hr. This was wrapped with ct broad leaf from fmgrowit, tn 90 for filler (fmgrowit), and burley for binder from bigbonner. Chickens is far superior with out a mold. I'm a hobbyist and I don't care about looks as long as the smoke is good.

Last edited:

Chrism

Making more this evening... Will post photos and maybe my "way" of doing it.

Chrism

Start to almost finish. Wrapped in wrapper (not shown). My mixture of paste for glue is water and flower. I don't recommend rolling in the thin roller in the pasta shredder the smooth out leaf. I've found out that let it build up moisture in a baggy for day or so and the leaf is pliable pretty easy then flatten out in some kind of press or dough roller. Ended up giving them away to co workers and friends. I did smoke one :).
78bda766.jpg

494939fd.jpg

d44b178a.jpg

e317faad.jpg

643db0f5.jpg

ac8fca69.jpg

56e6beb1.jpg

Last edited:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
that cigar turned out looking fine,,,

i still aint lit mine yet,,,,allthough i have rooled 2 others a little smaller,,,,and 2 backwoods type cigars,,,aint smoked them either,,,

im rolling these cigars, i gotta get around to smoking them,;)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I like Back Woods cigars. Anybody have any idea how they get them to taste like that? It's almost a pipe tobacco flavor or maybe a little like Hav-A-Tampa's.

Chrism

I'm almost out of the tn90. I've had to pile to color cure my leaf. I wrapped them in towels and seems to be working but need to fight some mold. I've removed all that I could see and once the serenade gets here I'll spray em.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
use the Serenade very sparingly. If you're making cigar, try using the baking soda method to kill the mold first. Even though the bacteria that is Serenade dies when there is no mold for it to eat, it still might have an unwanted affect on the leaf. At the very least...test it first. The only place I've ever used Serenade is on the stem base ends to control the mold. There is very little to no lamina there, so I've never been concerned about smoking the dead bacteria.

Chrism

Which ratio of water to baking soda? I seen you have mention 1tsp soda to 1pt water?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I've had good results with 1t. to 1 pt (2 cups) water. It's best to use an atomizer, but if you only have a sprayer, it will work. The trick is not to saturate the leaf. Just a light mist will raise the ph of surface area and prevent mold from growing (in many cases). If the mold is in advanced stages of growth, there might not be anything that can be done to save the leaf.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
don if you like backwoods, check out ugly coyote cigars at cigars international, they are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.