Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Indonesian pipe blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

I met this Guy on facebook Through one of the many pipesmoking pages on there. He sent me a sample of Tombolaka, Srintil and Sopeng, So far I have tried the Tombolaka, very strong almost I think its heavy on the cigar leaf and almost no casing to speak off Not too bad But definitly not for the aromatic fan
The Sopeng is a rough shag cut The Tombolaka Is A very dark ribbon and the srintil is a cake will need a lot of drying as its quite moist. From what i have seen and gathered they are all used in cigars from there as well. But all in all its a nice change and good to sample what others a smoking around the world.

Seanz

Nah just a cat from over there. who i got chatting to on facebook. I will send him some of my blends
After trying them all they are not my cup of tea really too cigarish and the Srintil has a funny sweet taste not sure if its cloves or what but doesnt rock my boat.
They will go into a tin and maybe revisited oneday

jekylnz

Bound to be someshit like cloves...they love it over there..apparently it's worse for you than baccy. .did he send it whole leaf?? Or did you get it in cake etc? No tax??

Seanz

He sent me three small samples in some small baggies. Customs opened them but they let it through I usuall get samples through ok in fact the only time i have had it stopped was 8 ounces of altadis black cavandish, shame that as it smell awesome and the women really liked it.

jekylnz

He sent me three small samples in some small baggies. Customs opened them but they let it through I usuall get samples through ok in fact the only time i have had it stopped was 8 ounces of altadis black cavandish, shame that as it smell awesome and the women really liked it.
Sounds like next time get them to throw them in a plain plastic bag and write sample on it

SmokeStack

I have Tambolaka in the stick form about 2 inches in diameter and the stick is labeled as being aged for 5 years. I received the stick of tobacco wrapped very, very tightly in rope. I had to steam the stick in order to separate the tobacco leaf. Once separated I shredded it and smoked a bowlful. It was a very intense experience. Tambolaka also comes in a shredded form from 4noggins - ready to smoke. Some people refer to Tambolaka as a blend maybe because they purchased the shredded form. However, seeing the stick form makes me think that Tambolaka is made from a single leaf. Some say it's Burley and others say it's cigar leaf and yet others say it's a blend. I can't put my finger on it. All I can say is that it is a very strong smoke with a good dose of nicotine, but I can't tell what variety of tobacco or tobaccos are present. Nevertheless, I enjoy a bowlful every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.