Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyRYO

Being a whole leaf novice, I still shred with scissors. I roll the leaf up, and a trick I learned from a video on making tobacco twists, and twist the roll. It stays together amazingly well, so you can free up your hands, and is a good way to "capture" the small bits of leaf that are hard to roll neatly.

Even with my crappy scissors, most of the ribbons are 1/8 inch wide or less. Injects and smokes well enough. I have compared it to shred that I took my time and cut to almost shag consistency, not enough difference smoke or flavor wise to bother with imo.

Only have patience for 1, 2, or 3 leafs at a time, depending on size... good enough for around the house.

I have already spent all the money I saved switching to RYO, so I am now piggy banking the money I save from not buying the usual PS and Newminster pipe/dual purpose tobaccos... going towards a Powermatic shredder.

I wonder what a decent pair of scissors would do? lol

holyRYO

Yes, I have seen those on the net... have not found anyone who has tried them... so who knows?... no way they would cut through a roll, maybe a thin stack...

webmost

That's some weird lookin skizzers right there. What does the craft store use them for?

holyRYO

As long as I am blending with some scissor cut ribbons, to speed things up, I have been crumbling some of my tobaccos. Once blended with ribbon, it smokes fine, no dropped cherries. Fresh toasted Burley is good for crumbling and the Turkish comes out well.

holyRYO

One thing that makes scissoring much easier is working with quality leaf. I just did a batch of WLT Bright, the close to physical perfection makes it so much less laborious, not to mention the wonderful orange color and the intoxicating smell. My best ribbon yet. :)

holyRYO

Follow up to the last thread, just did a batch of the Red, count on taking twice as long to remove ribs and scissor up. Baled baccy is much harder to work with. Luckily it is the only one in the WLT inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.