Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hail sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I just got done planting just about everything, came in and wife told me we are under a hail warning later today... for real? oh well they're small still. we shall see.

although after the recent deals at WLT i dunno why i even bother to grow anyway...

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I just got done planting just about everything, came in and wife told me we are under a hail warning later today... for real? oh well they're small still. we shall see.

although after the recent deals at WLT i dunno why i even bother to grow anyway...
Because it's fun and you're into pain. LOL

Knucklehead

Founding Member

I hope the hail misses you. Freaky weather this year.

Ashauler

Founding Member
I know the feeling!! My babies were just hardening off in some dappled sunlight Sunday afternoon, and I came home to 2" of rain, 60 mph winds, and pots strewn across the yard. Broke and damaged some leaves, bent some stalks, but it is looking like they will make it to their home this weekend.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member

I see the pictures of the plants on here and it really makes me feel like I'm missing something....again.

I hope to find time to grow next year. I still have the Cuban seed #1 and #2 test grows from last year and hopefully will find time to ferment both of them. Look for samples late summer/early fall. Raw, they both smell terrific...I'm hoping it makes good filler and they will be my grow next year.

I hope the hail passes everyone up.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
If I keep growing, I'll get my seedlings from Bonner. For what I've spent just getting ready to grow and cure I could have probably bought 10 years worth of whole leaf. I better love growing or I'm going to be kicking myself. :) (I'm talking cigarette varieties)

DonH

If I keep growing, I'll get my seedlings from Bonner. For what I've spent just getting ready to grow and cure I could have probably bought 10 years worth of whole leaf. I better love growing or I'm going to be kicking myself. :) (I'm talking cigarette varieties)
In July when they're growing 4 inches a day and your leaves are HUGE, it will seem worth it. When you're stringing them up it won't seem worth it. When it's ready to smoke it will seem worth it and you'll want to do it again.

Boboro

Awh Hail! Stuff happens. It will all season.Thir will be floods, drought, wind storms, Horads of asst. critters, mold milldew, dry green leif. Al Bore mite show up at your house it gets so bad. But most will try agin.

Seanz

I was wondering where all my bad weather was? Seems you guys have taken it all. I mean I have had one frost here, about a month ago. Its just starting to get to the poiint when the fire is getting lit every night.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i wonder if i will get a HURRICANE this year?

but i try to stake my plants right after planting them in the ground,

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I never feel like growing when it's bend over work transplanting and my back aches, but I like harvest time and smoke time, then by the time winter is in full force I forget about the parts I don't like and start getting antsy to do it again lol

Boboro

Im a gardener, Its waht I like to do. If I didnt grow bacca I would grow somein elese. The tax laws made growin tobacco nessacerey. This foram has made it fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.