Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rolled me a couple of ciggys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMikeChevy

extremely smoothe not like smoking a huge cigar burned about 15 minutes. rolled at just the right casing. let them sit out about an hour and they burned nice and even. that was just an experiment that turned out well might have to add those it my everyday thing

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Nice little cigars.

Although we fuss about all the differences between the constituents of cigars and cigarettes, there is only one difference that actually defines them. A cigarette is tobacco wrapped in something other than tobacco. A cigar is tobacco wrapped in tobacco (either natural leaf or reconstituted tobacco sheet).

I've made cigars wrapped in everything from flue-cured Virginia to burley to Turkish to cigar leaf. It's a lot of fun to experiment, and the combinations are countless.

Bob

holyRYO

A cigar is tobacco wrapped in tobacco (either natural leaf or reconstituted tobacco sheet).
Bob

Someone should invent/market natural leaf tubes... lol... natural leaf "papers"... or recon tubes and papers... or how about just offer recon sheet? lol

Is that what wraps are?

BigMikeChevy

Someone should invent/market natural leaf tubes... lol... natural leaf "papers"... or recon tubes and papers... or how about just offer recon sheet? lol

Is that what wraps are?
guess i was thinking cigg tobacco and cigg shred and out comes the ciggy roll. thanks for schooling me so i dont look like such a dumba$$

holyRYO

BigMike, you got me thinking... going to try cutting a Virginia leaf to rolling paper size and use my roller to make an all Virginia / paperless cig / cigar. I will try spit, but think a glue of some sort will be needed...

Well, just made one and smoking right now... cut the leaf to roughly 1.5 size... surprisingly spit is holding it together just fine... required a relight, but burns ok... taste great... thanks for the idea.

Are yours spiral wound like cigar fashion?

holyRYO

Just made another, Virginia wrapper and Virginia/Dark fired filler... damn these are good... smokes just like a long burning cigarette with more flavor... no relights this time... I guess I am a cigar smoker now. :D

holyRYO

On my fourth one this morning... with coffee... various shredded blends... each smoked well and taste great... I am a convert... adding "ciggys" to the rotation... thanks

holyRYO

One last invention... a big "thumb" type roller for the full size cigar smokers... :eek:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
On my fourth one this morning... with coffee... various shredded blends... each smoked well and taste great... I am a convert... adding "ciggys" to the rotation... thanks
Oh you poor SOB (sweet old boy). You're hooked. A belated welcome to the nutz club.

holyRYO

Oh you poor SOB (sweet old boy). You're hooked. A belated welcome to the nutz club.

SOB, these are the best "cigarettes" to date... I am hooked, lined, and sinkered.

Improved on the method, I cut the Virginia "paper" square shaped, then feed it into the roller one corner first at a 45 degree angle (plus or minus many degrees). Results in a spiral seam, holds together very well, and looks perfect. More, more, more...

DGBAMA

SOB, these are the best "cigarettes" to date... I am hooked, lined, and sinkered.

Improved on the method, I cut the Virginia "paper" square shaped, then feed it into the roller one corner first at a 45 degree angle (plus or minus many degrees). Results in a spiral seam, holds together very well, and looks perfect. More, more, more...

pictures please! sounds like a good idea.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
One approach is to cut a trapezoidal wrapper, and feed it into the roller starting with the broad bottom edge. I do these by hand, and use no glue.

CigarilloWrapper.jpg

Bob

NOTE: Veins should be parallel to the long axis of the cigarillo.

Last edited:

holyRYO

pictures please! sounds like a good idea.
No camera, no skills... take my word for it, they look great, thanks to the roller, and taste even better... Have not had one come apart yet, sometimes the seam gets loose on the non spiral versions, but smokes fine. Except for the first one, no relights.

One approach is to cut a trapezoidal wrapper, and feed it into the roller starting with the broad bottom edge. I do these by hand, and use no glue.

CigarilloWrapper.jpg

Bob
Same idea, different approach... I have been doing mine with the veins the other direction... thanks

BigMikeChevy

the only thing I did different is recased the leaf to make more workable and the added moisture held it together. I cut into a double sized paper rolled at a 45 also. let set in front of the fan for a few to dry the out side as I got my coffee ready. then woohoo let it burn. first one burned loger due to the extra moisture but the rest were just right. is takes a little longer to smoke than the standard break at work so reg ciggs for break and ciggys for morning smoke lunch and after work. things we think of while reading ftt. thanks Don. really like the burley red tip wrapper added a punch.

holyRYO

These ciggys really amplify the flavor, smoke way cooler, way smoother, twice as long, and at least twice the nicotine goodness for some reason.

Special treats they are. :):):):)

Ones I made yesterday are holding up just fine, some of the ends of the seams did not hold down, the thinner leaf wraps and stays better. All smoke fine so far, not a big deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.