Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Railroad bridge fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
big fire 099.jpgbig fire 097.jpg
I spotted this railroad bridge burning yesterday evening. Fortunately we got the train stopped before it crossed over it.This bridge is in a remote area and the smoke was not reported by anyone on the ground. The fire started shortly after 5 pm just after the fire towers were sent home for the night. It could have been a catastrophy

DrBob

Founding Member
The railroad crew is rebuilding the bridge right now! I just looked at some photo's taken about an hour ago by another pilot who is also on duty today. and the bridge looks like it will be replaced before the day is done. There had to be 30 men working on it. This is a major railroad serving Duluth and gets heavy traffic.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
The railroad crew is rebuilding the bridge right now! I just looked at some photo's taken about an hour ago by another pilot who is also on duty today. and the bridge looks like it will be replaced before the day is done. There had to be 30 men working on it. This is a major railroad serving Duluth and gets heavy traffic.
I hope they are replacing it with steel. LOL

DrBob

Founding Member
just flew over the bridge and it is all rebuilt and trains were running again! The first train used it at 6pm last night. 25 hours after it started on fire the bridge is about 60' long If this were a government project it woulda taken a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.