Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Lieberman on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICH

Thanks I'll do that,my mom gets her chairs recovered by and old school buddy I'm sure he has something laying around. The original looks to just a thin piece of canvas. I do have another question, how do you adjust the "ring size" I did see how to adjust for the length.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If yours is like mine, there is a spring loaded wheel on the front left side. Push the wheel in to disengage the keepemfromfloppin and either wind up the apron to reduce the ring gauge or unwind to increase the ring gauge. This is also why you need to keep the apron the exact same length when you replace it.

RICH

Thanks for the info! Now I see how it's held on also. (that was going to be my next question) I have some scrap leaf I think I'll try it out with the currant "setting" to see what ring it's set at,the length won't come out right because the fabric is shot all to hell.I'll let everyone know how it works out,but not until it rains or the weekend,to much crap to do around the house.

RICH

WE HAVE CIGARS!! Or something close to it anyway. I set it up for a 50 ring (or so) and tried it out.I'm using a little to much leaf,as when I put them (I made 5) in the mold I get a little "blow out" on the sides.I'll also have to work on getting an even amount from one end to the other,but all in all not bad,in fact one turned out really nice. I'll let everyone know how the next batch turns out.

Matty

type in oak cigarette roller and this what comes up.
he offers more than one size this one is 12in wide for 155.00 and smaller one that is 6in wide and is 55.00 tell me what you guys think. thanks
$T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHBzBRSTCPzkDw~~60_12.JPG

I got 2 rollers like that. Ones a v-max, rolls a cigarette 5 regs long or 4 kings long. The other roller I made out of wood to roll cigars, it'll do 30-40 ring by 12 inches long.

RICH

I don't know about the one shown above,but my cast iron one you adjust the belt for different ring sizes.

RICH

I just finished one of my 'lieberman" cigars and it tasted great. I have to work on applying the wrapper leaf by hand and also a less "bumpy" leaf would make for a nicer looking end product,but all in all it was pretty good,lots of taste and billowy white smoke. Any "tips" are always welcome.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
What I do for appearance is to smoke it really fast before someone else can get a good look at it. :eek:

Curtis James

Banned
I can get the Lieberman's brand new and am thinking about importing them. If your interested in buying 1 or more write me so I know if it's worth my effort.

ChuckP

Great Video! It really frees up there hands to allow them to assist in catching any issues. Did they roll the whole cigar like that? Both binder and wrapper? They're rolling some monster stogies!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Many factories use a Lieberman to rapidly apply the binder to the filler bulk by less skilled workers. These bound bulks usually go into a cigar press (which reduces the ring gauge). If the wrapper is subsequently applied by hand, which is usually the case, they are still called "hand made."

Unless you are a gadget collector, or hopelessly clumsy, there is no advantage to your using a Lieberman device (or a cigar press, for that matter) for home rolling cigars. It takes 30 or so separate, tested attempts to successfully hand-roll consistently smokable cigars that you'll be proud of. (I'm saying, roll one, rather than ten, then smoke it, and learn from that test.) Beauty takes a bit more practice.

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Many factories use a Lieberman to rapidly apply the binder to the filler bulk by less skilled workers. These bound bulks usually go into a cigar press (which reduces the ring gauge). If the wrapper is subsequently applied by hand, which is usually the case, they are still called "hand made."

Unless you are a gadget collector, or hopelessly clumsy, there is no advantage to your using a Lieberman device (or a cigar press, for that matter) for home rolling cigars. It takes 30 or so separate, tested attempts to successfully hand-roll consistently smokable cigars that you'll be proud of. (I'm saying, roll one, rather than ten, then smoke it, and learn from that test.) Beauty takes a bit more practice.

Bob
This matches my experience exactly. (Oh Yeah, Every now and then I get a really pretty one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.