Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Lieberman on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

$90 antique cast iron cigar rolling or bunching machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-ant...-machine-mold-mould-cutters-sign/142342158539

s-l1600.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
CV, I think you get the same result by taping the edge of a WLT bag to the counter, and using is as a buncher. (I did a video of it, but can't find it at the moment.)

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

CV, I think you get the same result by taping the edge of a WLT bag to the counter, and using is as a buncher. (I did a video of it, but can't find it at the moment.)

Bob

Totally. I think you would get the same result. I followed your method before, using a flexible, woven plastic placemat. It worked really well. I feel like this contraption would be a little bit easier because the rod is on a rail, though.

D0CH0LLIDAY

Totally. I think you would get the same result. I followed your method before, using a flexible, woven plastic placemat. It worked really well. I feel like this contraption would be a little bit easier because the rod is on a rail, though.

Yeah the concept is simple, but it's all about making the process of doing it easier and to get consistent results. Having the pocket to place the binder and filler to start helps, setting the tension to where it's the same each time helps, and having the rod knobs (or handle on the inset metal version) makes it easier to operate. It all depends on your goals.

ChinaVoodoo

Yeah the concept is simple, but it's all about making the process of doing it easier and to get consistent results. Having the pocket to place the binder and filler to start helps, setting the tension to where it's the same each time helps, and having the rod knobs (or handle on the inset metal version) makes it easier to operate. It all depends on your goals.

I built one on the weekend. It doesn't really work. I think I know what needs to change though. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to bind scrap/short filler with it. I don't want to lose my hand rolling skills, so I'll probably avoid using it for whole leaf. True, the bag taped to the counter works, but I'd like to just quickly slap it on the table, and pack it away.

BigBonner

Founding Member
The problems I see with that roller is no adjustment to keep the top roller up off the leaf as it rolls . That roller has to be up off and away from the wrapper leaf . If it lays on or hits the wrapper leaves while rolling, that mat rolls against the part of the leaf as it is going in and wrapping the cigar .
I am also wondering if the roller will stay straight across as it rolls and does not go sideways making a od shape cigar .

ChinaVoodoo

The problems I see with that roller is no adjustment to keep the top roller up off the leaf as it rolls . That roller has to be up off and away from the wrapper leaf . If it lays on or hits the wrapper leaves while rolling, that mat rolls against the part of the leaf as it is going in and wrapping the cigar .
I am also wondering if the roller will stay straight across as it rolls and does not go sideways making a od shape cigar .

I don't know for sure, but I think it's only intended to apply the binder. It's been my experience though, that with Bob's method, you do get a petty good "wrap". King roller had an identical machine that takes cigarette papers and they feed in perfectly.

I think there isn't friction against the wrapper/binder. It seems to be more or less rolling-out onto the wrapper/binder

My contraption build failed because the top/rear portion of the fabric squishes the bundle of tobacco. I need to raise the point where it's attached to the back of the board. I also learned that an easy way to adjust the ring gauge is not to adjust the slack on the bag/fabric, but to use a different size dowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.