Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Merging sites

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Anyone who has been around a while knows merging the forum with the whole leaf site is not a new idea. Well, it appears we're going to be killing a few birds with one stone in the next couple of days.

The whole leaf site has been re-build and its home page will include area's dedicated to the forum. This will be a minor inconvenience for those who have the forum home page bookmarked, but it's a very easy fix. Simply go to the new combined home page, click on one of the forum logos and create a new bookmark for that page. You'll never be directed to the combined home page again.

This merger will take care of the server issues as well as put the whole leaf site in a hugely improved position for search results. We average over 120 posts per day and the search engines will regard these posts as "updates" to the whole leaf site. Search engines look for unique information and I can't think of another site with more unique information that the one you guys built.

The benefit to all forum members is there will be no need to monetize the forum provided the sales increase are as anticipated on the whole leaf site...that's the least I can do for you. Visitors (non-members) might not be so accommodated.

I've been doing time studies since moving into the new warehouse and we're processing 500 lbs a day for retail purposes and at least 1000 lbs for wholesale. If I'm able to maintain these numbers, there's no reason I won't be able to drop the price on product. This of course will make us even more competitive than we are now. There will be less whoring of my site on the forum except for occasional member's specials and the like. It seems that's all I do around here anymore and I'm beginning to get sick of my own shit, so I can just imagine what you guys think.

There's a couple more birds in here somewhere...just can't think of them off hand.

This is a pretty big move and the sites will be down for a little while, so if you try to get on and you're unable to, you know what's going on.

Thanks for making Fair Trade Tobacco the greatest tobacco resource site in history.

Don

DonH

500 lbs a day, that's great! I was kind of curious how it was doing. No where to go but up. I think whole leaf will be a new trend. Hopefully not big enough to attract the attention of the tax man.

DonH

I think we'll survive the transition. I hope you do twice as well as you plan.

I'm not sure we'll survive an outage. :D Tobacco fever is at its height for me right now what with planting time and the new cigar leaf. Guess I'll have to get a life for a day or two. Or work at my job or something.

MarcL

That sounds great.

I can hardly wait.

This makes me want to order something before it changes.

Boboro

I hate when I cant get on the site. But things have to be done. most sites have all kinds of ads. Don needs to sell leaf. his popup would not be a probiem with me. Ppl. need the leaf.

BigMikeChevy

I know that making something bigger better badder (wheelie bars and flames) requires some work so what ever it takes to keep ftt online. I think that advertisements on this site would be great. all the posts you have on here Don are very informative and do benefit us all. and if anyone complains about sales information cancel there a$$. this is some great information and cool people. Don thanks for the cool site.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Jeeze, even the moderators getting off topic :D good luck with it all Don, let me know if any help can be given.

workhorse_01

Yeah It's fever time but if it works out like I bet it will we will suffer through not catching up for a few days. I bet the grow blogs are going to be nuts for a week after. Any idea when it will happen I'll try to plan some work to keep me occupied! LOL

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
as to the amount of product being moved, i was also wondering how everything was going, that seems like an absolute ton. greater than 1 fte for sure, do you employ people now? you must have at least come fully out of retirement if you ever were, that just seems huge. glad to hear its all taking off :) as the financial backbone to this wonderful free info source, imo you just cant do well enough. really good hearing things are going so well!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I may have misrepresented those numbers a little. We process those numbers, but not 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I should have said "we're capable of processing 500 lbs. a day for retail and 1000 lbs for wholesale." Those numbers are based on a 4 person crew in an 8 hour day. The warehouse is certainly big enough to double that capacity and if needed, quadruple those numbers by adding a second shift.