Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Any tried smoking flowers? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekylnz

I was out harvesting leaf a few weeks back..and noticed some dry leaves picked them up and had never realised how tacky they are..so it got me thinking. ..anyway I left a couple of handfuls to dry..then put them through the shredder. .they come out with quite a floral smell. .reminding me of turkish...to cut a long story short. .I ran out of turkish. .so I tried 10% flowers about 10-15% burley & the rest (75% ) Virginia gold...and its not that bad..quite similar to turkish. .maybe a bit more floral...I was surprised. .im still smoking it now.

DonH

I think on some thread Bob said he sometimes puts a dried flower or two in a cigar.

leverhead

I smoked some last year, I can hardly wait to get some more. I'd take a couple of freshly dropped flowers and dry them in the sun. Tear them up and put them in a cigarette, kind of a sweet taste.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Yes Deluxe did post about about tobacco blossom and he also sent me a sample. I agree they give a light floral scent to a light cigar.

Last edited:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
All of my blossoms (only from 2011) have spent a month in the kiln. I collected them from 16 varieties, and kept them separate. Each variety has its own subtle nuance. I did collect and kiln blossoms in 2012 from Sacred Cornplanter. They smell a little bit stinky (like a well tended litter box), so I haven't tried them yet.

Blossoms burn well, so you can roll an entire cigarette or cigar from them, or smoke them straight in a pipe. All in all, blossoms are not my favorite smoke. But they are definitely smokable, and do contain nicotine. If you bag a plant, then hang the head to dry while still in the bag, you'll end up with a fist full of dried blossoms. I do recommend kilning them.

Bob

jekylnz

and making oil and what tools? temp? any ideas

I'd just do it like they extract lavender/rose oil etc..use some iso propyl alcohol soak them in it (dry flowers) then dehydrate the alcohol. .I don't know what you'll come up with..it'll probably be tacky from the nicotine. .but also floral. .baccer flowers have quite a nice scent. .are you gonna give it a try mike??? I've Ben thinking about it since this post

Status
Not open for further replies.