Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Kenbano

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks Don, If I started this thread, I didn't mean to. I meant to ad this to the thread "Corojo Wrapper Reviews".

Yes, and that is precisely why it was moved.

The thread where you originally posted this (Corojo Wrapper reviews) has nothing to do with your question about Kenbano. This is a very common error and had the original topic not been so specific, your post would have stayed where it was.

If you're so inspired to ask a question about anything, it's almost always best to start a new thread or at least post a question in a related thread.

MarcL

This Article Corojo is composed of Creative Common Content.
The Original Article can be location at WikiPedia.org.
Check us out at WikiPlays.org Corojo is a type of tobacco primarily used in the making of wrappers for cigars. The variety was originally grown in the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba but is today grown exclusively in the Jamastran valley of Honduras and in the United States in Western Kentucky.

Black Patch Cigar Co. Founder Eric McAnallen is having the Kentucky propagated Corojo KenbanoTM seed planted for the 20112012 Dominican harvest after successfully growing this tobacco varietal in Western Kentucky since 2007. Two different growing areas soil signatures in the Cibao valley have been identified for cultivation. The two areas where the Kenbano seed is being raised are Pinuela and Navarrete. The Navarrete soil matrix mirrors the soil of Vuelta Abajo Cuba. Historically Navarrete has been ideal for Cuban heirloom seed success in the Dominican Republic. Pinuela has similar success with a soil analysis comparable to Pinar Cuba. These soil components produce a robust growth in leaf yield per stalk and exhibit

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Personally, I think he'd be better off marketing his leaf as something original or unique. Making wild claims of having TWO soil types similar to famous Cuban types on the same farm in Kentucky...sounds at best, far fetched...., but what do I know?

Nice PR strategy though.

Eric McAnallen

Kenbano is the US Trademarked name for the propagated seed Corojo in Kentucky soil. Anyone who makes a living at farming knows that success in a harvest is a blessing. Being proud of understanding the soil characteristics and matrix to replicate optimum growing conditions for any particular varietal is just one of countless challenges to reap a success. I never made any "wild claims" for my results.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Eric,
Welcome to the forum. So, Kenbano is Corojo grown in Kentucky? Interesting. I would love to hear more about your endeavors.

I'm not a big advocate of altering varietal names based on the location in which they are grown, but I have no business interest in the numerous varietals that I grow here in SW Virginia. I feel that tobacco varietal nomenclature is already confused by vanity names, geographical names, marketing names, misspellings and typographical errors. I shudder to think of the mess if every FTT member renamed the many (sometimes many dozen) varieties that each grows in his or her unique location.

But I do understand that business needs may move in the opposite direction.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Kenbano is the US Trademarked name for the propagated seed Corojo in Kentucky soil. Anyone who makes a living at farming knows that success in a harvest is a blessing. Being proud of understanding the soil characteristics and matrix to replicate optimum growing conditions for any particular varietal is just one of countless challenges to reap a success. I never made any "wild claims" for my results.

Welcome to FTT. Hang out, start a grow blog. You'll meet some really nice folks on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.