Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Knuckleheads Seed Vault - Seed Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
The seeds are distinct , if you wear your glasses lol. what do dead aphids look like compared{ a super miniturized raisen}, I have had them on leaves but not in or on seed heads.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The seeds are distinct , if you wear your glasses lol. what do dead aphids look like compared{ a super miniturized raisen}, I have had them on leaves but not in or on seed heads.

Some of the pieces are clear, like wings, and they are hard to see mixed in with seed. Other parts look like seed pieces, but are softer. I guess those are body parts. I get a lot of seed pieces and immature seed blown out too.

I got behind on aphid killing this past year and my seed pods are covered in the damn things. I never took the seed bag back off just to kill the aphids with soap water. I'm going to try a generic Admire this year to kill aphids. I get infested with the things.

BarG

Founding Member
If you dont want to buy the screens just take the dryed seed heads and give them a squeeze in the upright position and turn them over and pour into a bag for a hundred per pod or whatever. ....No muss no fuss. Mature pods only best for purely personal use.

CT Tobaccoman

Just to add my 2 cents. One year on the shade farm we collected a dozen plastic 5 gallon buckets of seed--enough to grow Conn shade to the moon I guess--snap close lids--cool dry place like winter maintenance garage. This was from 2004 crop, resistance to TMV under 85 degrees. It is still being planted in Massachusetts.

CT

Status
Not open for further replies.