Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Banned from PayPal for Purchasing Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

Check out chick-filet those people stick to their moral principals and they are a huge corporation.
I've always thought it was a ridiculously selective rule, and PayPal have had it for a long time!

If I can play devil's advocate and guess why they're doing it - I think it is because of fear of litigation rather than some kind of crusade for health in humankind ... they're a big internet corporation - they are surely not deliberately losing money because of some higher moral principle ... they don't have any principles ... for example in the UK they spend millions avoiding paying legitimate taxes along with Amazon, Starbucks and Google.

Nope - it is the ridiculous pernicious litigation culture at work - it's coming out of the USA and in to the UK in the past few years and makes companies so wary of being sued that they end up behaving so defensively that they do things like PayPal have here. I wish all the two-penny lawyers would just disappear and stop encouraging this kind of blame culture. Without that we would go back to common sense.

Rant over - I hope it was not in breach of the no-politics rule. Kind of hard to cope with the rules on this site as most things end up political if you go in to them in much depth. Especially laws and rules concerning tobacco!

ne3go

How ebay can sell something with paypal and when you buy it, you get banned from paypal? It doesn't make sense! It's like a trap...

CT Tobaccoman

Just seeing this. How do they have the right to ban transactions involving a legal product? Like, you can't buy cigarettes through the mail anymore, and UPS falls into line. Fascists!!

And they are trying to stop cigar catalog sales now, eliminate walk-in humidors. It is irrational. It's like they think, if only tobacco were eliminated there would be no more disease or death. I understand that Hitler was an anti-tobacco fanatic. People who try to use the government or the courts to prohibit or favor certain lifestyles.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Vote them all out and start over. Never vote for another incumbent. One term limits. Career politician should be eliminated from the vocabulary. Let them serve one term and come home amongst the folks they made the laws for and have to live by the same laws. (Or get their asses kicked by their neighbors) We'd have a different country.

CT Tobaccoman

Vote them all out and start over. Never vote for another incumbent. One term limits.

Agree. Term limits is the only way for the people to take back the gov't. Problem is that the politicians will never support term limits. In my state it appeared as a referendum question and was voted down because of all the advertising propaganda the Republicrats bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.