Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

i met a '' old timer'' cuban cigar roller today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
thru translation, while at the flea market,,,,,apparantlly this guy is a authentic cuban who lived under the communist regime for many years,,, i was talking to a guy who sets up a booth each week selling yard plants//flowers e,t,c,

i was discussing him possiblly selling some of my excess bacca plants,, and thats when he went to speaking to the guy in the next booth over, in the '' devils tounge'' [ spanish ]

well this guy who sells produce each week is very intrested in getting his hands on some burley for cigar purposes,

i told him i had the plants,,, he wants 30 of them,

i may be able to make a good video of him doing his thing making cigars,,,,

and possiblly ordering him some top grade leaf for cigars from this site,??????

who knows where this venture i stumbled upon today will lead,???

the guy who sells the plants.. im gonna get him 20 of them to test the water, and see if next year, if thiers a market in my area for selling the plants,,,

but he told me this guy can make a dandy cigar......we will see,???:

DGBAMA

Who you know is everything........even if all you come away with is the knowledge required to roll a good CUBAN; you are way ahead at the minimal cost of a little of your time.

Not to mention that I just love the opportunity to socialize with the last of the older generation that still has that "fire" for life burning inside them. The stories..........the knowledge..........the life experience........the opportunity to learn from their success/failure.....etc.

BigMikeChevy

Who you know is everything........even if all you come away with is the knowledge required to roll a good CUBAN; you are way ahead at the minimal cost of a little of your time.

Not to mention that I just love the opportunity to socialize with the last of the older generation that still has that "fire" for life burning inside them. The stories..........the knowledge..........the life experience........the opportunity to learn from their success/failure.....etc.

You got it. IF YOU EVER HAVE TIME TO SPEND WITH THE OLDER GENERATION THEY ARE MORE THAN WILLING IN MOST CASES TO TEACH YOU SOMETHING.
This is the best way to learn the old ways from someone thats been there not a book. books are good when you dont have the real thing but you dont get the stories that go along with it.

workhorse_01

My 6th, 7th, & 8th grade math teacher had 1500 people show up at his funeral. Guess why? He taught from the book for a few minutes each day, then out came the stories, wow! And I miss him.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My 6th, 7th, & 8th grade math teacher had 1500 people show up at his funeral. Guess why? He taught from the book for a few minutes each day, then out came the stories, wow! And I miss him.
And I'll bet most of the stories had a lesson hidden in them. I hated my math teacher. I went back to her years later and apologized. I told her how much the ground work she rammed down my throat helped later on. She saw things in me I didn't see in myself.

johnlee1933

Founding Member

Hey! I work cheap. Good vodka and a couple of cigars and I'm off and up to speed. (And I supply my own cigars!) LOL All you have to do is say "Tell me about -----." and stand back.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Look at it this way guys. When you have effed up as badly and frequently as I have you like to try and smooth the road a bit for the guys behind you.

BarG

Founding Member
Forged mamas notes don't work no more. I'd like to learn a trick or 2 from that old timer chicken, pay close attention if he decides to share,

Boboro

Ive been workin with a chainsaw for 2 days. My back is killin me. I just cant get the bend your knees keep your back straight.

BigBonner

Founding Member
The one thing i'll preach until I die is Bend your knees keep your back straight and lift with your legs! :cool:

Or get someone else to do it :rolleyes:

When I hang tobacco it is impossible to hang without bending over forward and pulling up a 40 to 90 pound stick of tobacco .When you straddle a four ft wide rails and do this about 3500 + times a day it makes you tough at the end of tobacco housing season . But I believe over the years of hanging tobacco it has caused my back problems . I can sometimes do the simplest things and my back will go out and knot up .

workhorse_01

LOL, I cant get my back straight at all anymore! I changed a big refrigeration compressor Friday couldn't move Saturday laid on mom and dads couch Sunday and went to E.R. yesterday.... I got there at 3:45pm after two service calls and got out at 9:45pm next time I'll just stay home!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im gonna get some pic's of the guy with his new plants,

i aint been on since i posted this and look what time it is,

work has been superbusy, and my crop is so behind,

i took some pics yesterday, i gotta update my grow journal TONIGHT.

'' time to go '' a farmer somewhere, is waiting on me to show up. with 20 tons of his product.

Status
Not open for further replies.