Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tuck cutter/board & press I would buy......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

Nice cast iron one marcL...They're cool with the old school makers badges.&just the way old stuff was made. ..solid made to last.

Yeah! all but one of the bids were made in the last minute ... I think I really lucked out again.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
These are the rule to this forum...

"Buy tobacco growing and processing related products here. All listing are by other members...no commercial advertizing in this forum. No processed tobacco allowed."

While I appreciate the effort and true intent of this thread, I have two fundamental problems with it.

Per the forum rules...

1..."All listing are by other members". While certainly not clear (my fault), the only way anyone could post a thread is if they were a member...obviously. The intent of the rule was to give members the ability to promote their own personal products.

2...."no commercial advertising in this forum". It's a stretch to consider ebay auctions as non-commercial advertising. That's where the intent comes in...I know the intent of the thread is to help other members find tools of the trade that could be helpful.

In addition to the rules violation, the thread undermines other member's efforts to find these hidden treasures on ebay by virtue of their own labor. Personally, I've found these same items and have refrained from bidding because I don't want to compete with another member for the same product. In the past, I have found similar items that were not listed in this thread, bid on them only to find they were being bid on by the OP...that doesn't make sense to me.

I feel the best way to resolve this situation is to move the thread to the "Members only" forum and encourage its continuation.

One suggestion...if anyone has any intention on bidding on one of these items, make it known. I'd never discourage free enterprise, but unless someone needs one of these items immediately for some reason...another will come up soon enough.

There's no reason to compete among ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.