Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Antique tuck cutter/board & cigar mold I would buy if.....

Biglizard1

As all things are with shipping delays. I was able to take pictures of the board/cutter this morning. I hand scrapped the paint from the surface with a flat razor blade. And only tightened the through bolts. But it is a nice piece I think for what I paid. The bed of the cutter has a bit of rust and the plating is all but gone. The blade appears to be in great condition. No chips or cracks. The spring works well and the lower blade is adequate for cutting. I used it last night after getting the paint off. I will enjoy using this. It has an ever so slight bow in the deck surface. I may use some foam drawer liner just to keep it from moving about.

Here are the pictures, I believe that Markl may have thrown me from the discussion if I were to not post them.20201224_074909.jpg20201224_074854.jpg20201224_074830.jpg20201224_074803.jpg

Attachments

• 20201224_074715.jpg
    20201224_074715.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16

MarcL

That looks good. Nice! I'll post some pix of a length stop for you and there would have been a penalty w/o pix.

Last edited:

Biglizard1

Any recommendations for using my new to me press mold recently purchased from fleabay?

I have scraped all of the old tobacco and brushed it out, it doesn't smell off putting or anything and the pin is tight. I wonder how long ago it was cut in half...

20210123_144430.jpg

Biglizard1

I will photograph it again when I build my portable table, he has some molds I believe could be packaged and offered a fair price for some together. But my budget has been exhausted... all of the paint has cleaned off, and the only real rust is on the adjustable knob for tension on the mat.

I have used it, it works well and I temporarily clamp it to the counter.

MarcL

Any recommendations for using my new to me press mold recently purchased from fleabay?

I have scraped all of the old tobacco and brushed it out, it doesn't smell off putting or anything and the pin is tight. I wonder how long ago it was cut in half...

View attachment 34988
That sounds and looks good. looking at it.. It should smell like dusty attic so, that is nice it doesn't. but, I see the nails need some work. The dry T juice should get scraped off the wood. it looks like it would work like that maybe, minus the two nails look like they could be in the way. They would make nice Crook cigars.

Biglizard1

It does have some (3) little tabs under those nails that hold the mold apart about 3/32". I will remove them and replace the regular nails. I bunched 6 test cigars for it tonight, had to try it.....on cigar rollers on Fakebook, someone suggested olive oil to be applied.... I have never heard of olive oil, tongue oil, or beeswax based cutting board oil yes. But never olive oil. Any opinions?

MarcL

Biglizard1

There are another set of molds I've bid on tonight. Hopefully I interpreted it correct. It appears to be two molds. Looks like two different molds.

Attachments

• $_57.jpeg
    $_57.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 5

Biglizard1

OMG! so .., that is cast aluminum? Pictures please. Have you seen @Yultanman thread? > https://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/lieberman-question.10082/ You see the mat I used there. he maybe would like some measurement off that.
When he fist listed, I wanted to drive straight to him and buy-all-now or get @Gdaddy to at least. want, what ya gonna do.
I will photo it with a ruler behind. And yes, it is cast aluminum. The roller is a hollow brass tube with bushings that were seized. They cleaned up easily. The buncher works well even with the mat not in the best of shape. I crossed my fingers and ended up with a bit of a treasure. It appears to be like the ones you can buy for 600+ on leafonly.com

MarcL

It does have some (3) little tabs under those nails that hold the mold apart about 3/32". I will remove them and replace the regular nails. I bunched 6 test cigars for it tonight, had to try it.....on cigar rollers on Fakebook, someone suggested olive oil to be applied.... I have never heard of olive oil, tongue oil, or beeswax based cutting board oil yes. But never olive oil. Any opinions?
I would have bet you had some leaf in it already. You could treat it. I would say all the work is in working the butter in the wood. It take some time to settle.I have seen some variation in spoon better ingredients. It will taiste like olives though.
There are another set of molds I've bid on tonight. Hopefully I interpreted it correct. It appears to be two molds. Looks like two different molds.
I remember that pic. I think I liked that lot. lets see it.
I will photo it with a ruler behind. And yes, it is cast aluminum. The roller is a hollow brass tube with bushings that were seized. They cleaned up easily. The buncher works well even with the mat not in the best of shape. I crossed my fingers and ended up with a bit of a treasure. It appears to be like the ones you can buy for 600+ on leafonly.com
thank you.. OMG! I am so freaking out for you. that is so nice and yes, that is the gold I think. It looks like the in stock pic. You may want to see the other weed cigar dudes video showing it in some detailed use. their sell is 7 plus hundred.

MarcL

I found that mold lot and I was going to jump on it. I don't have those sizes. they look straight. there is some cleaning and maybe some filler needed.
Its $30 a piece to me that sounds good to me. not doing it though. there is the lack of plural thing in the description. maybe to late to ask?

MarcL

wlpWCVp.png