Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Leverhead's Flue Cure experiment 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

A cure-cam would be nice, but in this day and age I'm worried about the pervs at Neverland Spys Association and the Federal Bureau of Incompetency hurting themselves. Some of the less fortunate don't have a rim big enough to keep their fist from sliding off and breaking their glasses.

leverhead

I think I need to add some more Watts to my heat system for this kind of weight, it took over 9 "friendly" hours to come up 20 degrees f! It's to humid for my plan B open coil high Wattage heat source, so I'm scurrying a bit to cobble something together. It's still yellowing. Trust me when I tell you this is not something to watch, you'd get killed by a stampede of turtles.

My German scientist died over the winter, but luckily I found a new Process Technician to take over some of the data collection chores. She's prettier, moves faster and doesn't have that annoying accent.

Process Tech.jpg

AmaxB

I think I need to add some more Watts to my heat system for this kind of weight, it took over 9 "friendly" hours to come up 20 degrees f! It's to humid for my plan B open coil high Wattage heat source, so I'm scurrying a bit to cobble something together. It's still yellowing. Trust me when I tell you this is not something to watch, you'd get killed by a stampede of turtles.

My German scientist died over the winter, but luckily I found a new Process Technician to take over some of the data collection chores. She's prettier, moves faster and doesn't have that annoying accent.

Dogs Man that is a Beasty Box! Looks like the Tech is on the job...:)
That leaf is doing fine all good things come with time.

Last edited by a moderator:

holyRYO

The young lady really seems to have a handle on it, the leaf has a nice color. Is it soup yet?

leverhead

Yes it is! I shut off the heat this morning. It's still "boney", I'm leaving it overnight to come to order and get some good sleep.

FC 062513.jpg

holyRYO

Congrats leverhead, looks great. Can't wait to here a taste test. Please tell us it's sweet.

leverhead

Congrats leverhead, looks great. Can't wait to here a taste test. Please tell us it's sweet.

It's very smokeable, but it needs some age. Follow AmaxB's thread on kiln fermenting flue-cured, I am. Deluxestogie kilned some last year, he has posted his thoughts on it.

Fantastic job!

Thank you! I won't complain, yet.

Looking good leverhead what is your inside height?

Thanks Amax! I posted this on post 9:) "The interior of the fridge is 62 1/2 W X 31 1/4 D X 68 3/4" H" Sorry, I just love bein' a smartass. You're going to like the sweet smell by about day 3, killing out the stems doesn't smell so good.

AmaxB

It's very smokeable, but it needs some age. Follow AmaxB's thread on kiln fermenting flue-cured, I am. Deluxestogie kilned some last year, he has posted his thoughts on it.

Thank you! I won't complain, yet.

Thanks Amax! I posted this on post 9:) "The interior of the fridge is 62 1/2 W X 31 1/4 D X 68 3/4" H" Sorry, I just love bein' a smartass. You're going to like the sweet smell by about day 3, killing out the stems doesn't smell so good.

Thanks leverhead!
Your 8 and 3/4 inches taller than mine while looking at your pretty photo (your leaf not you) I was wondering if I will be able to run two stacks of leaf like you did.
Think it will be tight for me I lose at least a foot due to duck openings placement.
Bout the Kilning if you get water drips remove the tobacco check to be sure none is wet. If wet dry it out and put it back in the kiln and cover some how to keep the drips off.
Removing it and or opening the door every day will not hurt anything.
If it gets wet it will mold even at 130F
If tobacco is dry dry 1st 24 hours it will seem as though you can't get the RH up (is because the leaf is sucking it up) let it run. If RH remains low after 2 days you are losing it
some place within your system.
Using open top boxes with 5 -6 pounds in a box works well to get uniform moisture through out the leaf. 82% to 90% RH is good
Not trying to tell you what to do, is just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.