Whole Leaf Tobacco Flue Cured Virginia Bright Leaf for Sale
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my front yard and Mt. St. Helens to the North

Mixing Different Types Of Tobacco

I just mixed three types of Tobacco and made some cigarettes
    Some Burley and Turkish from Bigbonner with my own Virginia Gold all three were in my kiln for sixteen days and it ain't bad if I do say so myself.
    It burned evenly and wasn't harsh at all.

The Burley supplies the nicotine kick while the Turkish and Virginia Gold are smooth flavor, fillers more or less.

I got a box of Silk leaf not quite completely color cured or dry enough and a box of Green Brior Burley and some Burley 21 too.
    Those are next to go in the kiln

that sort of sounds like the cigg. i got hanging out of my mouth right now,,,{ and im enjoying it like it was a fine cigar... because its my creation,, that i had planned months ago,, and finally enjoying a custiom made smoke,,, designed and cared for by me }

i got some of BIGBONNERS burley,,,{my burley crop didnt make it} and mixed it with my own turkish baccy,,,,and BIG-GEM{ a mild burley}

..i been rolling them ''fat'' so i can put it out,,and relight it,,,,

i smoke one cigg. 3 different times,,,,

props to bigbonners burley<------------and on a side note,,, i'd like to get my hands on some of that virginia gold,,,,you got seeds,?

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my front yard and Mt. St. Helens to the North

I think I got them from grin I cant remember but in a few months I'll have a couple hundred thousand
    from my own plants. I have three or four Virginia Gold plants with the seed blooms bagged
    just the ones that are about 8 foot tall and have the biggest leaves.

well keep me in mind i'd like to get some of those seeds,,,

next years patch is going to be immensive for a backyard grow,

Ive been mixing virginia bright leaf flue cured with my mont calme. Makes a great cigsrette. Just ran out of virginia and waitiing on a couple pounds. May add some yellow twist bud to the list.

is yellow twist bud a good baccy for ciggs. ?

ive read a lot of nothing but praises about it,,,

if i keep hearing good reviews it may make it in the patch next year,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    is yellow twist bud a good baccy for ciggs. ?

Not too sure about for ciggs, but it is fantastic in a pipe!

Banned

I sure hope Yellow Twist Bud is good for cigarettes. I grew 50 of them this year and it was my number one produce in lbs of tobacco. about 5 lbs of shredded tobacco so far and still more hanging in the shop. I grew it on the recommendation from Don. So far none of it is fermented enough to judge it as a cigarette on it's own.
    I also had some of Big Bonner's Burley last spring that I mixed some other tobacco with. Alone the Burly was the roughest tobacco I have had yet. when mixed it was the best tobacco I have had so far for cigarettes. I hope to get the same effect by blending B.B Burley with my YTB at 50 50 ratio. I also have Monte Calm Yellow I can add.

All I can say about YTB at this moment is that it takes on a great odor after about 30 days just setting in a bag at room temp. the smoke is still not all that great yet but getting better. Mine is mild so far and from what I have read that is not right. I might have messed up somewhere along the way or it just has not matured yet.

How did you cure your YTB? If stalk cured, it will be strong and harsh without toasting or finish curing. Primed leaves are mild and don't need much more than a light casing before and after toasting.

Banned

We primed all of it Don, I think we are going to start stalk harvesting it next year. A lot less work to hang a stalk than all those leaves. I was worried that space would be an issue this year. We did have to stalk harvest Virginia Bright Leaf and Bursa. They just do not want to cure otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast