Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Caterpillar eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainmax

Founding Member
I found some eggs under my tobacco leaf. I burn the leaf so I will not found out what was it. Is there an expert to recognize creature by the eggs?

eggtobacco.jpgeggs.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with leverhead that hornworm eggs tend to be solitary. These could be any number of butterfly or moth species. Each year, I see at least 6 or 7 varieties of eggs on tobacco. I can only identify hornworm eggs (and probably a lot of these are actually something else). They will always rub off, and can be popped in your fingers. Messy.

Bob

DGBAMA

Bottom line........doesn't really matter what they are from. The egg layer clearly intended for your tobacco to be breakfast for the emerging babies. As said.........KILL EM.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Ok, Nothing big than. What about this one??:

View attachment 6014

I think these are Squash Bug eggs. Get rid of them Maks, Squash Bugs make plants wilt.

squash-bug-and-eggs-2.jpg
squasheggs.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Uh Oh, I saw a squash bug on some Smyrna the other day. I put some Bug B Gone all around the plants. Where they've eaten the leaf, the holes have turned brown all around the hole. I would have thought disease if I hadn't seen the bug munching the leaf.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think these are Squash Bug eggs. Get rid of them Maks, Squash Bugs make plants wilt.

squash-bug-and-eggs-2.jpg
squasheggs.jpg

This is leaf damage I found on the Smyrna #9 plants with the squash bug on them. Is this caused by the bug? leaf 1.jpgleaf 2.jpgleaf 3.jpg

istanbulin

Founding Member
Knucklehead, I think the suspect is Squash Bugs. There're a lot of photos about Squash Bug damage on the internet like the one below. I think the specific feature of a Squash Bug damage on a leaf is making the leaf look diseased.

4671935350_9a10ab97c4_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.