Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

new powermatic shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMikeChevy

what is it called. wouldnt a rock that is used in brown sugar to keep it from drying out work also. its a clay bar you soak in water then leave it in the bag to keep from makeing brown sugar rocks.

DGBAMA

Anyone on the fence about this shredder needs to just GET IT. Had a chance to use one today when Knucks came to visit.

I expected a modified trash can paper shredder until I picked it up..... More like heavy machinery. Robust and heavy. The cut is finer and more fluffy than commercial "multi-purpose" tobacco. A true shag cut. I was on the fence but Don will hear from me on Monday. The only way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20130914_204612_221.jpg
    IMG_20130914_204612_221.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20130914_204852_266.jpg
    IMG_20130914_204852_266.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20130914_204632_705.jpg
    IMG_20130914_204632_705.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 126

Brown Thumb

I can't get a new one yet, I ain't broke the old one yet.
Well Maybe once. But she is as good as new now .

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I can't get a new one yet, I ain't broke the old one yet.
Well Maybe once. But she is as good as new now .

EXACTLLY the thing seems to be of SOLID CONSTRUCTION,

but if you take it apart , it is kinda simple inside, but it is definatlly made to last.

mine has done paid for itself, in the ammount of bacca i done run thru it,

winston-smoker

The guy across the street from me has a auger type and it grinds the tobacco up.
I tried and tried to get him to buy one From Don, but he had to buy this piece of junk.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1140...tem=200740584574&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
The fire falls off his cigarettes because the tobacco gets ground to fine.
I think injectors are the way to go, and what I use.
The Powermatic Shredder cuts a much finer cut than me and my scissors. ( I'm tired of scissors.)

I don't think the primary reason why auger-style injectors cause dropped cherries is because it grinds the tobacco too fine. Rather, I think it is because instead of a steady flow of tobacco, the tobacco comes out of the nozzle in clumps. The resulting gaps between clumps in the tube are, I think, the cause of the dropping cherries. I've run pipe tobacco through an auger-style machine, which I collect in a tray, in order to more finely cut the tobacco ribbons, and then use a Zen SuperShooter to stuff my filter tubes. I do not have a problem with dropped cherries.

Boboro

I have a Zen SS. The motor is so weak it makes you have to have backer just right or it jambs. I like the hopper though.

winston-smoker

I have a Zen SS. The motor is so weak it makes you have to have backer just right or it jambs. I like the hopper though.

In one year my Zen SS jammed only once, and that was because I had too much shake from the bottom of a bag, so it was my own fault. Maybe you have a defective one.

winston-smoker

I assume you mean the Zen SS. How long have you had it? It has a one year warranty. I've been told by others who have it that when returned under warranty, they just send out a new machine. Of course, you would have needed to have saved your purchase receipt.

Boboro

Yea, But Ive had it a few years And I used it quite a bit. I may see if I can hook up an old Powermatic motor to it.

winston-smoker

Yea, But Ive had it a few years And I used it quite a bit. I may see if I can hook up an old Powermatic motor to it.

Well, if you're a handyman, it's worth a try! It'll be interesting to see if the Powermatic motor is compatible with it. If it works, I guess then you'll have a hybrid machine.

Boboro

Itll fit in the gear box or it want. But its wore out to. 3 years of 3 cartons a week. keint be much left.

jekylnz

So, Todd, how do you shred your leaves?

With my $40nzd. (30usd) pasta machine. .it has a 1mm cut..you my have to look around some are a little bigger than others..but ive thrashed mine & it still going
Heres a cutter that has an adjustable cut from .5 to 1.5 mm
machine_cutting_tobacco.jpg_200x200.jpeg.
.im waiting for a price I think they'll be about $400euro

WinstonS were you searching cutters on alibaba?

Just thought I'd add that I roll my own so im looking for a finer cut..most of you guys that are stuffing tubes a approx 1mm cut would work fine..its just most people in nz that smoke r.y.o leaf find it harder to roll when the cut is bigger..and they go out more often.less air flow I suppose. .

Status
Not open for further replies.