Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blossom Bags input requested

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I would also like to get some idea of the demand. I cannot give a price at this time but will asap. but for now lets say cheap. cheap enough to make it worth buying rather than making anyway. I want an idea how many to have ready so that it is not an instant, oops wait a month for your order type thing.
    I think you should count me in for about ten bags. That is if you're willing to ship them to Denmark for reasonable prize.

BTN

Banned

Nature, No problem with international shipping. I do it all the time. My postage charges are going to be actual postage. I don't do the handling thing. I will have pay pal fees added since it is the only way I have to collect payments. The weather here has put a damper on the progress for the next few days. Don't fear though We never have really bad weather for long.

Daniel I will also take 10 or more when you have them ready to ship. Tx Russ

Banned

I will PM those that have posted interest in bags as well. But this is a general announcement that I plan to make a push to complete bags this weekend. Somebody please explain to me why it always gets so busy after the gardening is done...Hmmmm?
    Anyway lots to do this weekend and bags are on my list.
    The price at this time will be $0.75 each plus postage. I combine actual postage, Usually priority flat rate of $4.95 with the pay pal transaction fees of 30 cents per transaction for a total postage of $5.25 (International $11.95). In the case of these bags I will be able to ship smaller orders via first class at a lower (about half) although the pay pal fee will still apply. I ship to other countries only via Priority flat rate.

You must point out you are i another country when placing your order. IF not when I do eventually read your actual address I will refund the payment and message for the corrected one. Save the time and hassle. Pay pal does not refund quickly. I assume everyone lives in Texas.

The way I usually do it is I will send you a pay pal invoice for the order that will charge for priority postage. If the package mails for less than that priority I refund the difference when you postage has been printed. This reduces the risk that I have to contact you for more money and at your end it results in good news rather than bad. Having to make a second payment results in a second pay pal fee also.

Second I have enough material to make about 60 bags and so far 45 or more of them seem to be requested. Please feel free to contact me if want some but understand I may already be falling behind. We have had to move some things out of the way to make room to do this. Sort of like putting summer away to make room for fall. I would really like to have some idea of how many bags to have stocked up for next summer when we will not have room to make them. I plan to make them in the fall and winter and be able to focus on gardening again next spring. So messages like I want some for next year but won't buy them until spring are fine with me.

I am also remodeling one bedroom this fall as well as experimenting with a bee hive and a wood burning stove. Yeah way to many irons in the fire but that is my style. I am not making excuses just giving fair warning that if you say you want bags don't be to anxious. I will get them by the time your plants are blossoming next year. If you are in the southern hemisphere where summer is just starting or otherwise need them sooner like in Florida. Please let me know. I can get them out if necessary in limited numbers.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I genuinely hope this group becomes more than a place to chat about growing tobacco but becomes an actually source for getting it done.

For now I am happy to make this small contribution to that end. My real passion is to work on a shredder. I see that as the single largest missing link. If anyone has any thing they are using that is reliable I would appreciate your comments on it. You can PM me or e-mail me if you prefer to remain private. I keep private conversations private and only refer to them in public as "I got a comment" sort of references. I never mention names with private comments. I assume a person used oen one one methods to communicate for a reason and I don't think I know what those reasons are.

Daniel, sounds like a good demand for home growers. I for one probably maybe be interested also (10 bags). A good made shredder below the outrageous price of a cutoff would sell good. 18" or so cutting length, motorized, variable speed .

Banned

Well folks, I am starting to think this conversation needs it's own thread somewhere. The first production run of bags have been sold out pending payments. There will be a delay of a week or so as I order more material.

For those that are ordering. I have a small request. please post what you think of the bags. good bad or otherwise. I don to mind negative comments at all as they help me improve the product and make it more what the members want it to be.

Thank you all for the support and best of luck with your tobacco growing next spring. I am confident these bags will do absolutely nothing to make your tobacco grow better. But they will go a long way in helping you do it again anyway.

I will try to post a picture of a completed bag later today. I had my wife pick something out for a tag material. She brought home ribbon. I tried it and permanent marker will bleed on it just a bit. so either use a fine marker or write very large letters on the tags. We ran out after the first 20 bags and will have to go find more material. I will go with her and find Tyvek this time.

Banned

Thanks FM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12