Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Gmail to be banned

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I find it less than ironic that the vast majority of spammers are gmail subscribers. Further, I believe gmail (google email) knows full well these spammers exist. Even more unbelievable is google doesn't sponsor these spammers.

If you use a gmail account to access the forum, please find a new email account (they're free almost everywhere)

In 10 days ALL existing and future gmail email accounts will be banned.

Let the name of Google gmail be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument in the world. Let the name of google gmail be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Last edited:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I find it less than ironic that the vast majority of spammers are gmail subscribers. Further, I believe gmail (google email) knows full well these spammers exist. Even more unbelievable is google doesn't sponsor these spammers.

If you use a gmail account to access the forum, please find a new email account (they're free almost everywhere)

In 10 days ALL existing and future gmail email accounts will be banned.

Let the name of Google gmail be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument in the world. Let the name of google gmail be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

So let it be, so let it be done.
I'm a Gmail user. I will set up a new account. FastMail is an option. Any comment? Any recommendation?

DGBAMA

Gmail is the only email acct I have had for over 8 years. Can we"grandfather" existing members?

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
DGBAMA.......AOL and Yahoo are free accounts also, easy to set up. But, in time, these also well probably be troublesome.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Yahoo johnlee, they offer all kinds of things.
I was a long time yahoo user. I just dumped them. They have added so much extra content that they take forever to load. I am going to give the cheap ($4.95/year) Fastmail a try. I will no longer use Gmail for FTT and because of the Cloud/privacy issues and considering dumping them also. I resigned from Facebook a while back for the same reasons.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Obviously, this won't affect your personal email account. All you have to do is associate a new email account in your settings.

All gmail.com accounts will be banned.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
After you change your email account, check your spam box for a confirmation of the change and click on the clickity click click thingamabob

Last edited:

skychaser

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Amen brother.

gmail is horrible! I have actually considered putting it on my site that we will not read or reply to gmail due to their complete lack of privacy policy. Google is the king of data mining and selling you out to anyone with a $. Yahoo recently changed their privacy policy too. Anyone using it might want to read the fine print. They are now just as bad.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Amen brother.

gmail is horrible! I have actually considered putting it on my site that we will not read or reply to gmail due to their complete lack of privacy policy. Google is the king of data mining and selling you out to anyone with a $. Yahoo recently changed their privacy policy too. Anyone using it might want to read the fine print. They are now just as bad.

I have yahoo. What do you recommend? This NSA thing has me so PO'd I don't even turn my cell phone on until I'm ready to make a distress stuck in the ditch call.

rainmax

Founding Member
O Gmail... bad boy.
I was shocked in the morning when I start reading posts. 210 new post. I thought it was new record.