Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

fertilizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
A very good article. This confirms what I have been saying for years. Stop throwing fertilizer in to your garden. Get a SOIL TEST and fertilize your garden based on YOUR needs. More is not necessarily better.

I take issue with their conclusions on foliar sprays. They evidently do not have much knowledge in this field. All plants readily absorb nutrients through their stomata. This is readily confirmed with the proper analytic equipment. For us "poor people" a simple BRIX meter will confirm this. The trick to using a foliar is to spray when the stomata are open. This is about sunrise and I doubt many people are spraying that early in the morning. If you wait much longer in the day the stomata start to close ( and open again) as part of it's regulatory process of controlling moisture. The proper foliar spray will also increase the BRIX level of your plants. The higher the BRIX level the less insects and insect damage. Also, foliars have other beneficial effects. If you are using copper sulfate in your mix (because you have low copper levels) the copper will prevent all types of fungal diseases. Kelp will increase plant auxins ( natural growth hormones) etc

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Ditto. So much for the foliar fad. I guess that's kinda like dandruff. Lots of money spent with little if any effect.

Tut tut, John....

Although it's not what you expect, there are several very definite and positive effects from those products.

They are highly profitable, and give quite a boost to retail profits, and the economy in general!

And you can't discount the psychological satisfaction on the part of the user - thinking he or she has given the plants a treat!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Tut tut, John....

Although it's not what you expect, there are several very definite and positive effects from those products.

They are highly profitable, and give quite a boost to retail profits, and the economy in general!

And you can't discount the psychological satisfaction on the part of the user - thinking he or she has given the plants a treat!

Now THAT's Funny.

​And so true it's sad. Almost like selling water.

Status
Not open for further replies.