Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Big Mikes Grow July 4th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMikeChevy

This year wasnt able to get my seeds to germinate in time. Got smart and got some plants from Big Bonner. Do still have a few of mine from seed growing but will go in later. next year I will get starts from Big Bonner again and also start a few more varieties my self.Here is my first row of burley Pots. Will be planting bright leaf ,YTB,and Big Gem also but some will go in the ground and some in pots. reason for the pots is gophers and california ground squirrels. working on keeping those little guys out is a pain but cant use poison because of my puppies.
first row burley.jpg:cool:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Re: Big Mikes Grow

This year wasnt able to get my seeds to germinate. Got smart and got some plants from Big Bonner.
Here is my first row of burley Pots. Will be planting bright leaf also but some will go in the ground and some in pots. The reason for the pots is gophers and california ground squirrels. working on keeping those little guys out is a pain but cant use poison because of my puppies.
Looks good. Are those pots 5 gal. bucket size? If not I believe you need more dirt. Just get the dirt damp, dump it plant and all into your hand. Add more dirt to the bottom of the pot and reset your plant. The root ball on a mature plant gets up to about 10/12 " in diameter.

BigMikeChevy

Thanks john these pots are 18" round and 16" high not sure how many gals will fit 5 gals of dirt per pot already in there. will add more to the next batch

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Thanks john these pots are 18" round and 16" high not sure how many gals will fit 5 gals of dirt per pot already in there. will add more to the next batch
My 5 gal buckets are 12" dia. at the top and 13" tall. If you had a bit more dirt in them you should be fine.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have a pet plant here at the house in a bucket. It has fallen over a couple of times from wind and rain and has a couple 90 degree bends in the stalk where it straightened itself back up. Another option for you would be to add dirt as the plant grows to help hold it upright.
Good luck with your season.

Status
Not open for further replies.