Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BATS - The Living Pesticide - How to attract them to your garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

you don't have to build them very big just have more than one. if you know anyone who has a hobby bandsaw mill they can probably give or sell rough sawn wood for next to nothing. i've had bats behind shutters out my bedroom window and they tend to wake you up in the morning when returning. here in ct. there are hardly any bats left and they can use all the help they can get. they think it is a white mold or fungus that is killing a lot of them. bats in europe have the same fungus and are amune to it. they are trying to figure out why it kills them here but it'nt more than a slight hinderance there. i hope they figure it out they are insect eating machines. they now think it was introduced from dirty caving gear used there then used here.

workhorse_01

The thing about bigger is, it attracts females for nurseries. A bat house that attracts females is like ladies night at the local juk joint.

FALaholic

50,000th post
images

Sounds like a great idea. I've always wanted a bat house.

Do I qualify if I have an 'old bat in the house'?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Make sure theres no less than 12' from the very bottom to the ground. Bats glide when taking off and need at least 12' to get the motor running. I've never put one on the side of a building. I have however built three on phone poles in the wide open and all three are full of bats. Boboro, I think you wouldn't like the smell that will be coming from that box if you do get them to inhabit it. They will also pee all down the side of the building, and it stinks.

if BOBORO is like me im sure hes allready peed on that building,

i mark my territory a lot, i got 2 bulldogs,

Status
Not open for further replies.