Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rolling with scraps or making small cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just got in my 120 mm blunt roller. I like it much better than the 110 mm. The wrapper to filler ratio is much better, and I like the size better. You can quickly roll up your scraps, and you can make a wrapper "paper" from filler or binder leaf, thus saving your good wrapper leaf for larger hand rolled cigars. In the picture is a hand rolled cigar, a cigar rolled with the 120mm blunt roller, a cigarette for reference, and a half smoked cigarillo from the 110mm roller. Also shown are the two rollers. Here's a link where I bought the roller. $4.16 incl. shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Juicy-120mm-J...373425518&sr=8-1&keywords=120+mm+blunt+roller Rollers.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I had just finished rolling it when I took the picture and wanted to let the fruit pectin glue dry some first. I'll smoke it today and let you know. I want to try a longer, narrow strip for a wrapper later and spiral it on like a hand rolled. That way holding one end would keep it all together. For filler on that one I tore the legs off the frog legged end of some Criollo 98 filler and rolled it. Worked out great.

Chris A

Hey Knucklehead-

Just ordered one of these as I have almost 3/4 lb of scrap to use up. Did you try the long strip wrapper method yet? Is the photographed cigar using a square "rolling paper" shaped wrapper leaf? Any more advice on use? How do they smoke? Tried using scrap for filler yet?

Cheers!

Chris

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The cigar in the picture was rolled with a squarish rolling paper shaped wrapper. It smoked great! I have used scraps and they work fine, just try to get the filler even in the trough. I still haven't tried the long strip of wrapper spiraled on like a hand rolled, but see no reason why it won't work. If you try it, let us know how you like it. You'll have to play with it a time or two to get a feel for how much filler to use before it makes too tight a cigar. My first one was just a little loose, but smoked like a chimney.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Chris, I don't have this machine, but I can tell you one thing, after using my cigar mold, I wrapped cigars WAY too loose. It's amazing how tight a cigar needs to be to smoke decently.

Chris A

No real issues getting my hand rolled ones tight enough, just need some practice with this machine. On hand rolled I use paper to wrap-seems to work reasonable well.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Knucks, I came back to this thread thinking more and more how I can get completely "big tobacco free". I'm going to attempt to devise a system of creating multiple mini cigars (cigarette size) at a time. Possibly with loose tobacco to represent the draw of a normal cigarette, but at the same time make "tobacco rolling papers" instead of using cigarette tubes or papers. We'll see how it goes!

El Gallo

I had the same idea, am waiting for mine to arrive, my plan is to see how it's put together and build a bigger one. Can't be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.