Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

For the Love of .... Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

I love the taste of beer! It don't love my liver. When I quit I had jaundice. As soon as I quit it went away. I went from mic. light and bud ice light. to bush NA and am glad I did. I don't smoke either, I chew, but I grow a lot of smoker varieties for friends to smoke, and I like to mix some cigar types in with my snuff.
Now, that's disappointing. And here I was just beginning to like you. Mmp.

Well, at least you smoke.

DonH

Anyone who would remove beer from his diet has a serious medical problem indeed. The hopeful news is that there is a cure. Vitamin B. Doesn't matter if you prefer vitamin B 6 pack or vitamin B 12-pack. I put a 30 pack of cure in my beer fridge in the garage last weekend. There's ten left now. Oops, wait a minute... nine. Prolly be down to half a dozen before you get here, so hurry on over for the cure.

Beer beer, the convivial brew
The more you drink the friendlier you
For me it's not the alcohol, it's the carbohydrates and gluten. B vitamins won't help you there.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I watched a documentary on reversing diabetes when my very healthy and fit father was diagnosed a couple years ago. .

Very easy to do. Stop eating carbs. You do not need them to sustain life. Telling a diabetic that it is OK to eat carbs ( usually complex carbs) is like telling someone with lung cancer that its ok to smoke cigarettes.. but limit your intake to 10!

Type 2 diabetes is the easiest thing in the world to cure. No carbs, no blood sugar rise ( you will get a small rise from protein and fat but it is insignificant). Do not listen to any doctor that tells you to eat carbs.. The AMA and the ADA have killed way more diabetics with their carb advice than they could ever save.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Very easy to do. Stop eating carbs. You do not need them to sustain life. Telling a diabetic that it is OK to eat carbs ( usually complex carbs) is like telling someone with lung cancer that its ok to smoke cigarettes.. but limit your intake to 10!

Type 2 diabetes is the easiest thing in the world to cure. No carbs, no blood sugar rise ( you will get a small rise from protein and fat but it is insignificant). Do not listen to any doctor that tells you to eat carbs.. The AMA and the ADA have killed way more diabetics with their carb advice than they could ever save.
Yep, and losing 60 pounds didn't hurt either.

workhorse_01

My dad is good with everything except carbs. He eats a gluco***e pill and does the rest with diet, and he was near coma #'s when they caught it. How do you tell a 70yr old southerner that he can't eat potatoes? We in the south eat potatoes or rice with every meal!

DonH

Amen! And even if you don't have diabetes, eliminating the carbs will fix any potential heart problems and any autoimmune diseases, which are rampant nowadays. Just replace the carbs with good old saturated fat. Your body will produce enough glucose to fuel the brain from fat. But not the excess glucose you get from carbs that causes insulin spikes and crashes.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My dad is good with everything except carbs. He eats a gluco***e pill and does the rest with diet, and he was near coma #'s when they caught it. How do you tell a 70yr old southerner that he can't eat potatoes? We in the south eat potatoes or rice with every meal!
I was about 65 when I got the news. Just tell him what he faces if he doesn't and let him make the decision. I think amputation was what scared me the most. I was carrying 210 lb. on a 5'7" frame. I wasn't too heavy, I was just 11 feet too short -- LOL. Going to 150 (over a year) changed my eating habits and high sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure disappeared without meds.

workhorse_01

Yeah, dad got the news about 10 yrs ago. He was 6'3 245 lbs. Now he's 6'3 210lbs and he controls it very well with a gluco pill a day, diet, and that's all.
I was about 65 when I got the news. Just tell him what he faces if he doesn't and let him make the decision. I think amputation was what scared me the most. I was carrying 210 lb. on a 5'7" frame. I wasn't too heavy, I was just 11 feet too short -- LOL. Going to 150 (over a year) changed my eating habits and high sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure disappeared without meds.

Mrs BeeKeeper

I think carbs get a bad rap. I think pre-packaged, over-processed, additives & bleached "food" is where the problem lies. Gluten-free, carb-free wasn't on the scope 100 years ago. We have immensely over-complicated our food, and confused our bodies in the process. (mine included.)
Milk isn't evil because it makes people lactose intolerant. Current milk processing kills the natural lactaid in milk. Gluten isn't the problem with wheat. The problem is, whole wheat contains enzymes to break down gluten, which is removed in making white flour. Food doesn't make people sick. "Food" made by industry has made people sick. Honey is bad for you in over-abundance, but it's one of the most healthy things out there. It's about whole food, taken in a balanced way. If you eat nothing but grains, you'll get sick. I'm sorry DonH, I don't buy into the saturated fat diet. It may work, but at what cost?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I think carbs get a bad rap. I think pre-packaged, over-processed, additives & bleached "food" is where the problem lies. Gluten-free, carb-free wasn't on the scope 100 years ago. We have immensely over-complicated our food, and confused our bodies in the process. (mine included.)
Milk isn't evil because it makes people lactose intolerant. Current milk processing kills the natural lactaid in milk. Gluten isn't the problem with wheat. The problem is, whole wheat contains enzymes to break down gluten, which is removed in making white flour. Food doesn't make people sick. "Food" made by industry has made people sick. Honey is bad for you in over-abundance, but it's one of the most healthy things out there. It's about whole food, taken in a balanced way. If you eat nothing but grains, you'll get sick. I'm sorry DonH, I don't buy into the saturated fat diet. It may work, but at what cost?
I totally agree. Prepare for a minor rant --

I have felt for 50+ years that prepared foods have way too many additives. "Healthy", "For your protection", "To preserve color and Freshness" my rosy red butt! To keep it from becoming unmarketable or to promote sales is more to the point. Flour wasn't meant to sit on the shelves for three years! Did you ever READ a flour label? Even bread crumbs for God's sake! So mostly I do my own. I admit i can't raise beef or pork so I buy the best I can, fresh, and do what preserving I want myself. Yes, I do believe in freezing food. NO, I do not believe in "Hungry Man" dinners or frozen waffles or pizza. I make my own hamburgers from good sirloin and carefully trimmed suet. I cook my own food, bake my own bread and make my own pickles. Yes, it does take time. I use unbleached no additive flour and can store it for a few months in an air tight metal can. This could go on and on so I'll cut it short but I hope you get the idea.

Nobel big food isn't interested in giving us good food. It is interested SALES and PROFITS. Obviously being honest about that would hurt sales.

So, bottom line it comes down to taking responsibility. If you like the convenience of junk food understand there WILL be consequences down the road. If you text and drive at the same time you stand a very good chance of smashing yourself up. That's fair. Hurting other poor devils is not.

My apologies for the above. My blood was up. But IMO I'm right and I've lived 80 years doing it my way. If your way yields the same results God Bless and Keep you.

AmaxB

Wooowho yeh yeah a lady who speaks her mind..:p

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I think carbs get a bad rap.

Because they ARE BAD. You can say nothing good about them. They raise your blood sugar levels which shut down your SIRT genes. These are the genes that are also known as longevity genes. Postprandial (after meal) blood sugar levels (due to eating carbs) about 40mg above baseline raise your risk for stroke by 6 FOLD! The standard American diet raises blood sugars levels way above 40mg from baseline with every meal. Blood sugar also feeds cancer. Blood sugar (due to carbs) also contributes to glycosylation. This is the non enzymatic binding of proteins to sugar. It is the main pathway in which you get stiffening or hardening of the arteries.

In this case it is not about eating natural, raw unprocessed food. It is about carbs.. they are bad no matter the source. Don't get me wrong, I still eat, but rarely. I am addicted to them actually so I try to avoid them.

Honey is probably one of the worst carbs to consume. It is glucose and fructose. Glucose is pure blood sugar and fructose is implicated in heart disease in just about any study that has looked at it. I'm a beekeeper and I sell lots of honey every year, I just don't eat it.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
So, are you saying I should stop putting honey on my toast every morning?

I think if you add two carbs they cancel each other out.

Two negatives equals a positive...right?

So, honey on my toast should actually be good for me.

Mrs BeeKeeper

In effort to not be a thorn in the side of the forum, I think I will refrain from any more (of my own) comments on this subject. I will have to agree to disagree here.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You're allowed to have an opinion here. Today's "facts" are tomorrows fairy tales. Just like the study on salt that came out yesterday and the study on caffeine and the study eggs and the study on etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.