Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

For the Love of .... Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs BeeKeeper

You're allowed to have an opinion here.
I also want to be liked. :) And I don't want a differing opinion to affect the way people look at Chillard, who is the most amazing person on the planet.

It's the Canadian in me: don't offend anyone ever!!! LOL!

Mrs BeeKeeper

On topic, I never did get a chance to make cheese the other night. Wednesday I shelled peas, and last night I sewed blossom bags. Maybe this weekend, if my milk hasn't spoiled.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
In effort to not be a thorn in the side of the forum, I think I will refrain from any more (of my own) comments on this subject. I will have to agree to disagree here.

This is just what we do on this forum. We share ideas, debate positions, brainstorm, etc. Nobody is singling you out or trying to be mean. We agree to disagree about four times a minute. Opinions and ideas are not only welcome, but greatly appreciated. Keep posting, please, it's already apparent that you have alot to offer.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
This is just what we do on this forum. We share ideas, debate positions, brainstorm, etc. Nobody is singling you out or trying to be mean. We agree to disagree about four times a minute. Opinions and ideas are not only welcome, but greatly appreciated. Keep posting, please, it's already apparent that you have alot to offer.
AMEN (or a-women which frankly is my preference)

Boboro

Beer is good and bad acordin to the studys? Good in the afternoon, Bad in the morin. Just my thoughts on it. Its Friday damit! Im off to drank a beer or few.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'll intrude into the quasi-medical discussion with two points:
  • Confirmation Bias
  • Correlation vs. Causality
Confirmation bias, common to both researchers and ordinary folks, is the strong tendency each of us has to acknowledge reports that confirm our beliefs, and disparage reports that disagree with our beliefs.

Correlation is demonstrated by a rooster always crowing when the sun rises. If you train a rooster to crow at a different time, it has no effect on the rising of the sun.

Causality is the ax that beheads the rooster. The ax causes the beheading.

The preponderance of "scientific" studies published in mass media (as well as a depressingly large fraction of those published in academic journals) clearly demonstrate only correlations, while leaping to the implication of causality. That's why today's "study" often contradicts yesterday's "study."

When I have a serious medical problem, I consult a physician, rather than a tobacconist. But that's just me.

Bob

Brown Thumb

Off Topic
Wheres the Cheese
Oh Yes Welcome to FTT Ms Bee
just remember everyone has a opinion just like a bunghole
and yours is welcome here
Off to get a cold Beers

workhorse_01

I still think a chicken shouldn't be 8lbs in 5 weeks! It aint natural, and the proof is in the pudding look at the problems people are having from the growth hormones that are given to the food we eat. Just look at the size of Val Kilmer's head. When that guy drives up to a bridge he has to walk across the bridge before the car, because his weighs so much. Mrs. B always speak your mind and the people here will love you for it! They may not agree with you but they will respect you! aey (That was my Canada dig aey).

DonH

Yes, Mrs. B., no need to feel bad about disagreements, especially in this den of Grumpy Old Men (I include myself here). Anyway most people agree with you on that issue, it's me and Jitterbug who are in the minority. And I'm used to it, my wife agrees with you, I can't convince her to give up carbs.

Anyway we're all unconventional individualists here or we wouldn't be growing tobacco and making our own this and that. That's what makes it a good group. And your input on all things homesteading is very welcome.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
I don't know much about carbs. Or good fats, bad fats, or any of the other things they say are in food. All I know is that bacon tastes pretty dang good....with cheese....between two slices of toast. For the most part and as long it isn't breathing, I'll eat most anything you'll put in front of me.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Ah, yeah carbs... Some swine fatten on a corn regimen, we call them lard types, the bacon type builds muscle. Some rats become obese on a starvation diet and will die before their body releases the storage.
Ancel Keys did a study that was scientifically as sound as Reefer Madness, but it worked out well for him in the end.

In the end though some of us are bacon types and some are lard types, you can thrive on a diet of only meat but if you want to survive off our stop gap survival ability of eating practically anything for any period of time you really need to pay attention to what you eat. First time in our species history we could do that though, eat what we find morally tasty.

As to doctors though, they follow guidelines. Much safer on the bottom line.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Oh to add I use a ton of honey to make mead, use tobacco etc, so obviously we all pick our poisons. I don't think anyone has survived this ride yet, no matter what they did differently.

Welcome, welcome, please don't worry about people not agreeing with you :)

webmost

I don't know much about carbs. Or good fats, bad fats, or any of the other things they say are in food. All I know is that bacon tastes pretty dang good....with cheese....between two slices of toast. For the most part and as long it isn't breathing, I'll eat most anything you'll put in front of me.
Long as a pig died I'm happy.

StogieStein.png

Mrs BeeKeeper

Decided to take an impromtu 5 day weekend. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday OFF WORK!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Maybe this is the weekend I actually get to make cheese!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.