Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My cigars for my son in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

20130711_175159.jpg20130709_161525.jpg20130709_161436.jpg

These are cigars I rolled for my son in the UK, didn`t come out to bad. Struggled like hell with wrappers, mine`s got loads of in after the bad storms we had. Placed a picture of my little rolling station as well.
Ben

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Holy cow (or buffalo) those look better than factory. Custom bands too? Wow. What do they say, Little Dutch what?

Ben Brand

Not all my cigars look that good. Been a struggle for me rolling a good cigar, but since I'm weighting my tobacco its much easier to roll a consistent good smoking cigar. Like I said still struggling with wrappers. Hopefully next season the tobacco gods will have mercy on my tobacco and let the bad weather pass me.
Ben

Knucklehead

Founding Member
What's the pink stuff in the Coke bottle on your table? And the little jar with the yellow lid? Secrets of the trade? The copper doohickie must be your cap cutter?

AmaxB

That is a nice looking set-up there not pretty but functional. That mold looking gadget / shaper is interesting the thing with the cigar slots how does it work?
You guys are slowly sucking me into giving cigars a try. I never smoked them but am starting to consider it would be a nice pass time.

workhorse_01

If they smoke as good as they look, your son will be selling those bad boys and not telling you. Your gonna make him rich like that.

Ben Brand

Used Excell. Lots and lots of time and trail and errors. Took me a long time to get it how I wanted it.20130713_171355.jpg
The trick was to get it the correct length, must have made at least 20 print outs to adjust the size.

Ben Brand

Amax
Thats a cigar press that I don't use, tried it but the cigars are a torpedo shape and a pain in the you know what to get right. I only roll corona cigars now, got 2 presses and much easier than the torpedoes.

ChuckP

Howdy Ben,

Really professional looking fino's you got there! It takes me forever to get mine to look that good and I just ain't got the time. What varieties did you use?

Your son will happy to get those great looking cigars!

Ben Brand

Chuck.
Used Little Dutch, Pen Red, Flor Sumatra, Com Spanish, Zim Spanish and mixtures off some Burley and Turkish cant say which, the cat knocked the floating tray and mixed the seedlings. Very nice, smooth and peppery, must be the Flor Sumatra wrappers.

ChuckP

Chuck.
Used Little Dutch, Pen Red, Flor Sumatra, Com Spanish, Zim Spanish and mixtures off some Burley and Turkish cant say which, the cat knocked the floating tray and mixed the seedlings. Very nice, smooth and peppery, must be the Flor Sumatra wrappers.

Howdy Ben,

Florida Sumatra gives a nice peppery taste and the turkish contributes to the mix as well. Did you use Little Dutch as the wrapper or FL Sumatra? I guess I was assuming Little Dutch, hence the name. Nevertheless, the cigars look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.