Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Really Easy Perique Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

matheuse

Chlorinated water will inhibit microbe growth, so don't use that. I have natural well water, which is what I use for making perique.

As you pack leaf into the pressing container, mist it heavily with water, so that the leaf is wet. After initially pressing, there should be a slight rim of water surrounding the press follower (piston). If not, then add enough water to create a seal of at least 1/8 inch (4-5 mm) depth.

Keep in mind that this will stink (barnyard aroma) for the first few weeks, but then change gradually to a fruity, prune-like aroma.

Bob

Bob, once again appreciate your advices and shared knowledge.
Do you think rain water could be a good alternative to distilled water? I want to try a bath of perique but can't seem to find distilled water over here.
Cheers.

saman_ghaderian

Here is a picture of my press . It did work well and requires two hi lift barn jacks to press with . The each will lift 3500 pounds .
My advice is to keep the out side temperature 80 degrees or less . Mine seem to sour when the 105 degree hot weather hit last year .
This is a picture when I was just getting the barrel full of tobacco . The jacks I used is show in the picture .
61Sqb.jpg
Hi dear friend. Thank you very much for giving me information on how to make this jack. Thanks for sending me some photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.