Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smoking Mud Lugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Could they be a sub. for oriental.

Some of them could be a good replacement for Maryland in a cigarette blend. I use Maryland to tone down the harshness of Burley and then add Dark Air Cure to bring the nicotine back up and add another flavor. Maryland is pretty bland to me but it's real smooth.

marksctm

When I did my first prim, I just let the bottom ones about the size of a ping pong paddle or smaller hang on the stalk and cure.
I don't hang'em in the shed, that space is for the prim leaf.

marksctm

Some of them could be a good replacement for Maryland in a cigarette blend. I use Maryland to tone down the harshness of Burley and then add Dark Air Cure to bring the nicotine back up and add another flavor. Maryland is pretty bland to me but it's real smooth.
They probably be good in a light blend for cigarettes.
I took a big of draw that I could and still not feel it in my lungs, not until I got down to some burley and bright leaf left in the bottom of the bowl.
But I smoke a lot.

BarG

Founding Member

I agree on the aspect of toning down. But, the difference between mud lugs and flyers which are tasteless and no nicotine to speak of are sometimes hard to define, for us uneducated first timers.

BarG

Founding Member
The flyers are leaves at bottom of plant that may not be true leaves. They will usualy be small and of little value. Don't waste your valuable time with these.

My humble opinion.

ne3go

Ok. I do not know what a flyer is............. Could you explain please :)
Ok, i'll grab the opportunity here:
Most of the times, go to google translation to find explanation of words or expressions, but cannot find what "lug" means. Can anyone explain what are the lugs, mud lugs, middle lugs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.