Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Herbalism/Herb Craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Not sure why this topic hasn't been started here yet, but I believe there is a strong need for discussion on herbs that have a historic importance in the health and minds of modern people.

The first "modern medicine" pharmacy was started in the 18th century. Before that there were apothecaries and the like. Many plants still can provide us with many health benefits and health aids. I for one would rather take leaves than a pill. I know where everything grew, what touched it (machinery wise) and know there isn't any petroleum in a pill capsule.

Anyways, with that rant done. Add to this list of plants you know that have medicinal benefits. I added plants that are easily found in the wild. Plants such as Ginseng are easily grown, but not commonly found.

Take these plants as a supplement at your own risk, do not discuss dosage as dosage is different per person.

St.Johns Wort. - Gives an energy boost, helps alleviate depression.
images

Mullein. - Alternative to tobacco, marijuana (no THC or psychoactive substances), helps reduce inflammation and releases phlegm from chest.
mullein.jpg

Wild Blueberry (leaves). - if dried and eaten, helps relieve diarrhea, if dried and smoked, provides mentally calming sensation, is used in tea helps relieve chest colds, mouth sores, body pain.
images

Willow Bark. - used in tea, dried to smoke or eat, relieves pain. The ingredient ( acetylsalicylic acid, in asprin) is found in decent amounts of willow bark.
willowbark_cosmetic.jpg

White Pine - when needles are made into a tincture, this liquid can be applied to cuts, abrasions, swelling areas etc to relieve pain and inflammation, this can also be drank (although you might want to sweeten it, blueberries and pine needles are delicious) to help relieve chest pain, colds, sore throats and is packed with Vitamin C. If you infuse pine needles into a light body oil, (heat up but don't boil), you can make a healing body massage oil, good for poor circulation areas.
images

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Sadly I didn't take those pictures, for some reason I didn't think to take my camera when we went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.