Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

More changes...your input is requested

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Outside ads only pay (support the forum) if they are clicked. If they are hidden for a large segment of viewers, then their benefit will be limited. The most problematic ads in my experience are those that attempt to load a slide show of changing pictures. These often cause "script overload" for the browser. So I would suggest that all ads be static (a single display) for a single display instance.

Now, it may be that guest traffic is sufficient to make them pay, but the money is all about click-throughs.

If you can make a buck on advertising, then you'd be doing better than most of today's print media.

Bob

This is some highly beneficial information for making a decision.

I vote you do what's best for yourself and your business and I'll back you 50% or better. I can work around whatever you decide, I'm already paying for my WLT purchases with your credit card. ;)

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Don,

I don't always agree with you. Hell, if we always agreed one or both of us would be dead. As a long term member I do think that what you "charge" us members for the forum is trivial compared to the value we receive. It is your baby so you nurse if along as serves you best. If anyone is truly unhappy they are free to leave.

I think you've done a workman like job and I plan to stay a while longer.

Well Done.

Brown Thumb

How about members hitting that little Donate button once in a while
I have no idea what it costs to keep a site up and running but I know what I saved growing
my own and what you pro's have taught me has saved me serious $$
Tom

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm not the administrator. I get paid by providing a place where I can send potential customers to read anything they want to know about processing tobacco.

You guys are the ones who provide the information.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Honestly, If we could get $1 per month from every visitor (member or not), it would be a very much appreciated.

Unique Visitors in the past 30 days

chart

POGreen

I agree wit' Chicken , if it can keep the site runnin' Go ahead and do it.
If you could make it optional for members to accept the banners or not , that would be ideal.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Here's a screen shot of what I have in mind. This is not an actual banner, but this is similar to what I'm thinking about. The banner would be linked to the whole leaf store. We get over 200 visitors a day, 60 or so are members, the rest are finding the forum through searches, so this might be a way to increase sales.

mock-up3.jpg
Your comments are welcome

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Threads that have longer titles might present a problem with a banner, as opposed to an add that uses less real estate. There's actually about the same amount of room in the upper right, below the top menu bar. I don't know what you see on a tablet or phone.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You can see the new banners now. Banners will promote products associated with each forum. Specials will also be posted this way. If you (the member) would prefer not to see the banners, I can make that happen easily. I don't want to turn anyone off from using or visiting the site.

Please let me know your thoughts. If you don't want to post in public, send me a PM

johnlee1933

Founding Member
You can see the new banners now. Banners will promote products associated with each forum. Specials will also be posted this way. If you (the member) would prefer not to see the banners, I can make that happen easily. I don't want to turn anyone off from using or visiting the site.

Please let me know your thoughts. If you don't want to post in public, send me a PM
I would prefer being able to turn the banner on or off as my option. If that is not an option please turn them off for me. Thanks.