Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pasta Maker revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You guys know I'm a firm believer in not reinventing the wheel, but sometimes modifications to the wheel are needed.

IMG_20130724_112046_204(1).jpg

The cutters have been totally redesigned. Knurled and 1 mm wide cut. Works like a charm.

Hopefully, these will be available in about 6 weeks.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Great looking shred. Can the manufacturer package them as " Manual Tobacco Shredders"? (maybe with your logo)

istanbulin

Founding Member
Selling the cutters separately may be a good idea for the customers who already have a pasta maker.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
We're going to improve the gears either by replacing them with machined gears or by hardening the stamped gears. Some of the trouble with the stamped gears was the slop between the cutters which caused binding in the gears. The new cutters don't have nearly the slop, so the gears should perform better. A few more test runs will tell the if they'll hold up. I ran this shredder pretty hard trying to break it and nothing went wrong.

IMG_20130724_112155_938.jpg

IMG_20130724_112321_115(1).jpg

Mrs BeeKeeper

Selling the cutters separately may be a good idea for the customers who already have a pasta maker.

I'd be glad to have a separate one. I wouldn't want risk of cross-contamination of either pasta or tobacco by either of the other. (Did that make sense?)
Also, I find that once my kitchen appliance has found a purpose outside the kitchen, I will never get it back. (I've lost a blender, 2 coffee grinders, more spoons than I can count, measuring cups, bowls, cups, pots & pans ... and the list goes on!)

bonehead

(Also, I find that once my kitchen appliance has found a purpose outside the kitchen, I will never get it back.) i get heat for funnels and measuring cups to name a few.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I'd be glad to have a separate one. I wouldn't want risk of cross-contamination of either pasta or tobacco by either of the other. (Did that make sense?)...

Good for you, to not to eat pasta with tobacco particles. But I've never used my pasta maker for making pasta, it's only for tobacco.

holyRYO

Hallelujah!!! There are tobacco gods! Put me on the list. If there is a list. :):):):)

DGBAMA

Looks great. Don't kill quality for a price point. Anything less than a $100 bill for a quality manual shredder that will hold up and have replacement "wear parts" available I would consider a good investment.

driftinmark

i still use a pasta make for shredding my baccy, I usually have to moisten it alot to get it to work in the pasta maker, it its dry, it will not go thru, ...those knurls look like the greatest idea since sliced bread!!
I will be in for one if its a quality unit for sure!!!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'd be glad to have a separate one. I wouldn't want risk of cross-contamination of either pasta or tobacco by either of the other. (Did that make sense?)
Also, I find that once my kitchen appliance has found a purpose outside the kitchen, I will never get it back. (I've lost a blender, 2 coffee grinders, more spoons than I can count, measuring cups, bowls, cups, pots & pans ... and the list goes on!)

it works the same around my house,,,, once it leaves the kitchen IT'S MINE,

Status
Not open for further replies.