Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Which Injector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burge

I have had the premier supermatic forever and the excel eventually the spring will go and its a easy fix. Mind you with the excel when the spring broke I left it as is and it rolls a beautiful smoke and its my portable when I go fishing. The Powermatic is nice but with everything electrical something will break eventually. I have the auger machine with variable speed its not too bad but the hand cranks are the best

Nesikep

I was given a Supermatic last year.. works really good.. It was old and used when I got it, figure I've rolled 10,000 smokes with it and it's been fine.. Doesn't like too wet tobacco, and will plug solid if you're just rolling dust.

larryccf

I'll throw my vote to the Powermatic II (electric) and another UK poster reported finding it in UK for approx 70 British lbs. I've gone thru 2 of them, very forgiving machine in terms of varying moisture levels in the tobacco and different cuts. First two machines i got between 25,000 to 30,000 cigarettes stuffed (only going by the number of cases of tubes i bought, 10,000 / case). I'm on my 3rd one and couldn't be happier - and the folks at Zico, the distributor are super on customer support. I needed a new power cord, (rubber insulator had cracked near the plug) - had it in 3 days from date of order by US mail, $6.85 shipped. 2 weeks ago i needed a rubber insert that goes in the square piston that clamps the cig tube to the injector nozzle, they sent 2, free.

and found they have dis-assembly / assembly manuals for both the PII and the PII+ - the only difference between the two models seems to be the fact that a couple of the sub-assemblies in the unit now bolt or screw to each other on the PII+, making dis-assembly easier on the PII+.

i posted shots of the dis-assembly/assembly tutorials over on RYO http://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/5545-powermatic-ii-parts.html

i decided to order one of the black square piston parts thinking when i dis-assembled the unit i'd probably find wear on the back end of the piston - was here in 3 or 4 days, and iirc $7.35 shipped. Ended up didn't need it

but they have my kudos for support and really reasonable parts prices

Dawhoda

Yeah I've had mine for 2 years and no problems works good as new every now and then I q tip tiny bit of olive oil on the injector and makes it run smother

larryccf

a lot of folks may not be aware,, but Zico (the powermatic manufacturer) now offers all the parts online at their web. I need a couple of small parts for mine and to be frank, was a little shocked at how reasonable pricing was. They also offer picture tutorials on dis-assembly and re-assembly on the PII (and probably for the P1 as well). There is a trick to removing the sliding cutter / compression head that their tutorial cleared up quickly. Go to the Powermatic II page, and there are links for both the parts schematic and the step by step dis-assembly http://www.powermaticinjector.com/powermatic2.asp

TY~DY

Zico (the powermatic manufacturer) now offers all the parts online at their web.

Yeah, but that's only for the PII. If you need parts for the PI you still have to call/email them. And naturally they will want you to ship it in for service. But if you are polite & persistent you can talk them into sending small parts. They're pretty easy to deal with. YMMV

ZigZagZeppelin

Big thumbs up here for the Powermatic one Plus.

Built very well, and plenty fast. This can be fixed by the customer, its a simple design. I wouldn't send it back, just find out which part(s) fail eventually, get them from Zico, and repair it myself.

I prefer old school, no electricity designs anyway.....If you have a power outtage you just keep on a crankin.

Status
Not open for further replies.