Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Give a snake a brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

Some jackass run over my black racer. black racer died 002.JPG It lived in the mole holes in my yard and I was very familar with it. Yall please dont kill every snake you see. Most of em are good.

DGBAMA

a friend of mine will say the only good snake is a dead snake. Me; if they leave me alone I leave them alone.

Boboro

Get to know a few.Learn what the bad ones look like and killem yall got timber rattlers.Most of em are very good to have around.

marksctm

Some jackass run over my black racer. It lived in the mole holes in my yard and I was very familar with it. Yall please dont kill every snake you see. Most of em are good.
That sucks!
I'm probably considered a weirdo, but I like snakes.
I saw a 5 foot black rat snake laying on the road, and stopped to remove it, ticked off some one ran over it, come to be she was sunning her self, so I kept it.
It kept biting the hell out of me which made me think it might be a black racer as black rat snakes aren't usually that aggressive, after checking under side, it was a black rat snake but felt that she was gravid, (with eggs).
She laid 11 eggs, I took them, hatched all 11, raised them for a year, then released all, including the mother, close to where I found the mother, but away from the road.
Thought of catching a few for my sparrow problem but haven't.

Boboro

Ive hatched a lot of snakes lizzards turtoles. Put a dot on the egg to keep it in the same place.If the egg is rolled over iy can suffcate the snake. I keep a lot of grown up places in the yard and they like to get in my water garden.

workhorse_01

I have a black snake that suns on my porch, and the entry way to the front yard. I only kill the bad ones and the chicken snakes that try to eat my eggs. My son collects the eggs, and the other day he went out to get them when he opened the laying box there was a chicken snake with a egg half eaten. Boy he snatched his hand out! LOL. That one was 5' curled up in a 12" x 12" box.

bosun

Snakes, frogs, toads, turtles, bats, etc are all having a hard time. People kill them by design or accident then complain about rodents and mosquitoes ruining their 'experience with nature'.

BarG

Founding Member
I have no need to kill non poisinous snakes. I killed 13 copperheads within 30 yds of my house when we first bought it in the first spring and summer. I've had my dogs get bit 3 times at this location, treat with benedryl and they are usualy fine after a few days. One was over 30 " and made a nice hatband for about 5 yrs before I lost it. The big rattlers go on the pit.

Boboro

When ppl. run over snakes in frount of the house I paint them like a chalk out line to try to make them feel bad. I have enuff snake skins.

Brown Thumb

I hate snakes Let alone the gonags to get close enough to kill one
Yes I am a snake pussy

BarG

Founding Member
I learned early by "aquiring" the snake book when I was a kid from the school library. I was fascinated . I know and have captured or killed every type of poisinous snake in my region. As far as black racers the finest one I have ever seen was close to 6' and lived in an old bus turned into a storage on my granpas farm. I have seen them in the pastures raise up 3' off the ground to catch a branch. I'm still waiting to see one bite his tail and roll down a hill.

Boboro

I have 4 snakes a 10' boa,2 ball pytons and a mean California king snake
I burned my self out on captive reps. Now I guss grab em up when I see them and give em a hug. I had a mean water moccasin. The damm thing could smell acl.Luv to bite a drunk.

BarG

Founding Member
yea! your right. They are fast. I seen small black snakes here slither down a tree stump hole look like racers,and the biggest brown grass snakes i ever seen also fast. usualy when I'm out clearing thick ass yopon.

Status
Not open for further replies.