Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How does leafonly virginias compare with the wholeleaftobacco virginias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyRYO

Anybody try the leafonly virginias? How does it compare with wholeleaftobacco's flue cured varieties?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The only thing I bought from leafonly was some Bezuki wrapper after Don ran out and felt that was the end of it. To be blunt, it sucked. It was so dry many of the leaves were badly damaged in shipping (remember this is supposed to be wrapper leaf) Also, the wrapper grade leaf was as holey as Don's filler. It might make a half decent binder, but Don's binder grade Bezuki was a better grade leaf than leafonly's wrapper grade leaf. I wasn't at all satisfied with any part of the transaction. For what I got, the price sucked too.

bonehead

i got canadian virginia flue cured from leafonly once around a year ago and some of the leaf was partly gray on one side. i am not sure but it looked like mold that was killed or died with heat or fumigation. i wasn't satestfied with it but i am slightly spoiled. they are about twenty minutes from me. they were nice but the tobacco i got wasn't what it should have or could been been. i don't know if it was bad luck or a common problem that i wasn't expecting.

leverhead

i got canadian virginia flue cured from leafonly once around a year ago and some of the leaf was partly gray on one side. i am not sure but it looked like mold that was killed or died with heat or fumigation. i wasn't satestfied with it but i am slightly spoiled. they are about twenty minutes from me. they were nice but the tobacco i got wasn't what it should have or could been been. i don't know if it was bad luck or a common problem that i wasn't expecting.

The grey is sponging, I don't think it hurts anything but it is ugly though, The blue or green spots are mold. They probably didn't pay much for it. Did you get a discount? If you want whole leaf tobacco, talk to Don or BB. If you need friends, we're here and can show you how to grow and cure it.

BarG

Founding Member
I've only bought from 2 people, Don & BigBonner. I have never been dissapointed, just the opposite, I have been extremely impressed. I think some of the first leaf I ever bought from Don was some his actual homegrown and all of Larrys leaf was homegrown for sure. It certainly made a believer out of me that I may produce some quality homegrown with the info and help on the FTT forum. And the help made all the difference in the world.

EDIT; When you buy from the best , why mess with the rest!;)

Last edited:

bonehead

The grey is sponging, I don't think it hurts anything but it is ugly though, The blue or green spots are mold. They probably didn't pay much for it. Did you get a discount? If you want whole leaf tobacco, talk to Don or BB. If you need friends, we're here and can show you how to grow and cure it.
i grow tobacco and have around 75 plants this year. everything is doing good. i am priming some burley and b.s. samsun. my virginias are only flowering for a week now so it will be a few more weeks until i start on that. the only problems i had so far this year are aphids then dampness for color curing so i sprayed and fired up my heater and came out ok so far. time will tell.

MarcL

I got a bunch of the samples of leafonly. I liked them. I also like variety. leafonly now has a current 5% promo code:BACCY1
It seam like the leafonly site had problems. I don't know. I just got an email with a code after visiting the site. The magic of trackers?
The problem I had with leafonly was with what seamed to be a sub-par premium wrapper leaf.

The bulk of what I smoke is wholeleaftobacco's virginias.

Last edited by a moderator:

driftinmark

not to jump on the bandwagon here, but the xanthi yaka that had the bugs in it after a year came from leaf only......they no longer receive any of my business....

holyRYO

Thanks for the info guys, I plan to stick with the winners, was just curious.

wazzappenning

i got some of the same. gray fuzz. that was over the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.