Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Starting a section for each main type of tobacco strain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisherman

Title sorta says it all and with main USA growing season in full swing, it would be good time to start a section for each main variety of tobacco showing pics of plants during various stages AND some of the flower and leaf at maturity.

Like burley and bright leaf and turkish and other easily definable strains.

Don't forget your tags on the new posts also.

I am so pressed for time that when I can contribute to this section it at best would be simple pics and observations noted during growth etc. SOme here are really precise and will add stuff like leaf count at crowsfoot , days to harvest , after transplanting etc. I should and will if I can find time. A growers first year seems to be "catch-up" and I am not talking the tomatoe based kind suitable for pattys.

Mike

driftinmark

outstanding idea!.... a tobacco strain guide....flue cure, burley, cigar and oriental....stogie and istanbulin have already done most of the oriental ones!

P.S. I just looked and its under the growers forum as a sub forum....are you suggesting it become a main forum subject? cause that would be nice

driftinmark

knucks, its kinda buried in there...one of the best features about this site is the great reference type library it contains.....one of the problems I had when I first came here was trying to figure out what to smoke, lol...if there was like a tobacco strain type dictionary like I think Fish was suggesting, one the main forum, it might help newcomers and others figure out what to smoke and then grow if they want...
Im not going to lie here , I saw the HTGT site first and then started wandering over here, and after I saw deluxestogies write up on orientals there and here, I had to join here, and then isanbulin came along and wow, great info on the oriental strains, if we could do that for all the tobaccos, on the main forum, it might produce site hits also, as I dont think anything else exists on the web at this time.....

just my $.02

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Very good point. Alot of it could be done by copying and pasting info that's already here, but hidden in other threads like Grow Blogs. I'll volunteer to help. If we're willing to assemble the info, it will be alot easier to convince someone to move it to the main page.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that duplicating (copy and paste) information that is already contained within the forum is silly. If you desire a central location for such information, setting up a kind of index, with links to the existing pages, might be helpful.

Bob

driftinmark

you are absolutely right Mr deluxestogie.....I will try to add to the collection....You , Don, and Istanbulin should be commended on the amount of information you guys have posted, researched, and gleaned from the corners of the globe!!

but the topic remains, should it be posted on the main page as tobacco strain reference guide? I have learned so much from here....

driftinmark

I must have been typing that when you guys were posting...indexing sounds like it might work....or is it possible to move an entire sub-forum? I know absolutely nothing about forum mechanics....but put me on a car or truck and im all over it,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.