Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hail storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Founding Member
I am still in shock. I got a lot of hail last night and my tobacco crop is really beat up. I am gonna let it go for a couple of days. time to pray for suckers

Aaron

Sorry to hear that DrBob. That's got to be heartbreaking. I hope you can salvage some of it. :(

DrBob

Founding Member
it is 5 weeks till harvest time for me. I will let it recover for a couple of days and then strip off all the severely damaged leaves. I have hopes that I will salvage quite a bit. Lots of time for new leaves to grow

bonehead

hail stinks. two years ago i got hammered. my garden never fully recovered and i wan'ted to cry. i didn't feel any better about it until i was done for the year and managed to do ok anyways. it's heartbreaking looking at what can happen in an instant and take so many hours of work.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Just the title of this thread left me with a sinking feeling. Tattered leaf still cures well, if you can get it before it sun scalds.

Bob

DrBob

Founding Member
I just took a better look at the damage. About 1/2 of the leaves are damaged and need to be removed. Thank goodness I only have 200 plants, I think that I will get a fair crop. time to let some suckers grow. Go suckers go!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I just took a better look at the damage. About 1/2 of the leaves are damaged and need to be removed. Thank goodness I only have 200 plants, I think that I will get a fair crop. time to let some suckers grow. Go suckers go!
Remember you can still use the damaged leaves for filler or cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.